Is it really hot in here or fucking freezing

The summer was an unusually hot one that year, which Ivy and Theo were all too grateful for. The pool floaters from the previous summer made a reemergence and they spent most days relaxing upon them with intermittent and very violent water fights.

Missing their friends dearly, who were scattered all across the globe that year, Theo and Ivy tried to make the best out of things. Attending the occasional ball together, listening to vast amounts of music, decorating every square inch of their rooms and exploring the nearby cliffs filled most of their time, but as the weeks drew on they could both feel how much they missed their friends.

Their little group was a family, and it felt fundamentally wrong to be so far away from one another for such an extended period of time. Of course, they were hardly not in contact. The house looked like an owlery with all the birds flying in and out of the room constantly to deliver letters and pick up new ones.

Ivy wrote so much that it seemed like her hand was permanently cramped, but it did little to hold her back from missing Draco, Blaise, Pansy and Selina.

Draco had been especially interesting to write to that summer. Ever since the train ride from Hogwarts to London he'd abandoned all reservations about flirting mercilessly with Ivy, and by the end of the trip she'd been so pink and flustered she'd had to open a window.

He had in no way eased up in his letters, and Ivy often felt herself flushing once again when he casually slipped into his travel stories that yes the statues of Aphrodite in Greece were pretty, but they didn't hold a candle to her, or that he hadn't properly laughed at a joke since he'd seen her last.

As flustered as it made her, Ivy found, much to her shock and Theo's impish glee, that she didn't mind the shift at all. I'm fact, she was as excited to see Draco in person as she was nervous.

——🐍——

At long last the time came for the train to Hogwarts to leave, and Athemar, Kyria, Theo and Ivy packed up their things and stepped into their fireplace to floo to Kings Cross Station.

They tidied themselves up before exiting onto the busy platform and walking up to 9 and 3/4. With a quick glance around to ensure nobody was staring, the whole family slipped through the entryway as calmly and stoically as though they were popping into a tea shop.

Once they were through Ivy let out a deep breath and stretched out her arms, taking in the smell of magic and rain that filled the busy platform.

Mothers were yelling everywhere, forgotten luggage was being passed through windows, pale first years were being helped onto the train by their older siblings or family friends, and owls swooped about in a chaotic fashion.

It felt like home to Ivy, who grinned up at Theo, then turned to her parents to give them the largest of hugs.

Despite it being summer, it was a chilly day on in London, so Kyria took off her scarf and wrapped it around Ivy's neck, tying it tightly before kissing her on both cheeks then the forehead.

She then reached over and grabbed Theo, pulling him into such a fierce hug that he gasped a little for breathe and playfully swatted at Kyrias arm, making her playfully swat his head and them both lapse into giggles.

It was so heartwarming to see the way that Theo had melted into her family so thoroughly that it was hard to imagine a time when it wasn't the four of them. This thought sunk in even deeper as she turned to her father and saw him open his eyes with a warm smile.