Quidditch Makes Everyone Dramatic

She didn't notice a pair of large, yellowish eyes peer through the window at her. Stheno did however, and she hissed at the creature, who looked at her fearfully, before swimming away in a blur.

When Ivy woke up the next morning, Stheno told her immediately what she had seen the night before. Ivy didn't want to risk being overheard responding, so she turned the information over quietly in her mind as she stretched and got in the shower.

Surprisingly, the thought didn't frighten her. Ivy had a strange feeling that this mermaid was the same one she'd caught glimpses of watching her before. In all her times observing the creature, it had never given Ivy a bad or malevolent feeling. It mostly had struck her as shy and nervous.

She was certain that the mermaid had a feeling about what she was, and was curious. Mermaids were descendant from sirens, so the creature had probably just sensed the power tied to her and wanted to understand who she was. Ivy wondered if it had swum up to look through her window because it hadn't seen her in a few days, and the thought made her smile.

She'd talked to passing mermaids and mermen on her swims with her mother, and they were always very polite - sirens were considered an automatic sort of nobility in the ocean - but they'd mostly talked to Kyria, and never for long. Ivy quite fancied the idea of having a mermaid friend at Hogwarts.

In any case, there was no solving the mystery today, so Ivy put it out of her mind and went to wake up her roommates. She gently shook Pansy's shoulder and the witch grumbled, but then got up and went to take her own shower. She'd started using Ivy's products after their conversation, and it warmed Ivy's heart to see how excited and happy the simple process made her. She'd actually had to talk her out of washing her hair multiple times a day at first, explaining that, tragically, you really can have too much of a good thing.

Ivy then walked over to Selina's bed and took a deep breath, preparing herself for the chaos that was about to ensue. She pulled the covers off the sleeping girl, and shouted a loud "Good morning gorgeous!" before she instinctively dropped to the ground, a pillow sailing right into where her head had been not seconds before. Selina may be tired in the morning but that didn't stop her from attacking swiftly and mercilessly.

"Pull a stunt like that again Stone and you'll take up permanent residency in the hospital wing next time." Ivy just laughed.

"I've missed you too Selina, you terrifyingly lovable witch." Selina just wrapped a blanket around herself and walked to the bathroom, flipping Ivy off as she went. The siren laughed as she heard her friend cry out from the bathroom. "How is it you two always beat me to the shower?"

She snorted again as Pansy shot back, "have you considered that it's because sleep like the dead through all of your alarms every morning?"

Ivy shook her head, grinning, as Selina shot back a colorful, albeit not very creative response. She had missed those two lovable idiots; they made her cheeks hurt with their antics.

Ivy slipped on a pair of black tights, black, platform heeled Mary Jane shoes, a white button up and a dark green sweater vest. Donning her go-to snake themed jewelry and tying her hair back in a green ribbon, she headed back up the stairs. Pansy and Selina were still getting ready, so Ivy walked over to her bed and sat down next to Stheno.

"I don't want to leave you alone during classes, I've gotten used to having you around again these past couple days." Stheno hissed in agreement and rubbed her scaly head against Ivy's hand.

To hell with it. Nobody had ever technically told her she couldn't, and besides, she was a Slytherin. Rules were made for her to argue into obsoletion. She put her arm out, and Stheno excitedly coiled herself firmly up her arm, her head wrapping over her back to rest on her shoulder, her tail draped lazily on Ivy's hand.