Quid-witch ;)

"You should both be getting to bed now, but I would like to see you in my office first thing tomorrow morning." Remus began to walk past them, then paused, sending Ivy a pointed look. "Straight to bed that is." She nodded, not meeting his eyes, and didn't spare another moment before she began to hurry down the hall, her hand still knotted in Draco's as they wound their way through the castle and back to the Slytherin dorms. When she finally climbed into bed she found that at last she could sleep, but the witch from the wardrobe slipped into every dream, making the night one full of unease and restlessness.

As promised Ivy and Draco made their way to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom directly from breakfast the next morning. The walk there was quiet as they both tried to wrap their heads around the events of the prior night.

Ivy had been mulling over her boggart the whole morning. As shocking as it had been to her at first, the more she processed the more the truth in the image became clear to her. The fear had been in her since the end of first year when she had first been told of the prophecy about her.

The pressure of the whole thing had been almost paralysing, but it was now clearer to her than ever that her fear hadn't been rooted in what she was to do, but in one core part of the prophecy: Whether good or evil prevails will lie with her alone, and she will be the salvation or the downfall of all her peoples.

All it took was the wrong choice or the wrong ally; just one misstep and she might watch all the people she loved die. As she thought back to the image of herself as a dark witch she shuddered. Her biggest fear was that somehow she would become that woman, and that woman would burn the whole world down.

It was a sobering conclusion that Ivy came to, to put it lightly, but strangely it also gave her a deep sense of peace that only wisdom and conviction can truly procure. As she walked up the stairs to Lupins office her mind felt entirely too old for the body that held it, yet she bore a calm unlike she'd ever known.

It was with this rather intense gravitas that she found herself standing in front of Remus, who leaned back in his chair and observed the duo seriously. "I want you to both explain what made you think it would be a good idea to leave your common room after hours, venture through the school and face a dark creature completely alone, without any supervision or practical use of the spell you needed."

When he put it like that Ivy felt extraordinarily silly. Draco stepped forward to respond but Ivy placed her hand on his arm, stopping him before he got a word out and gently shook her head. "It was my fault and my idea Professor. I wasn't able to sleep because I was so afraid of what my boggart would be, and yet I so badly needed to know that I made up my mind to go and find out.

Draco isn't to be blamed, I refused to change my mind and he knew it was safer to come with me than for me to go alone. And he was right. I froze and couldn't complete the spell, but he stepped in and performed it for me. The blame is entirely on me."

She could feel Draco shooting her an wildly venomous glare from beside her but she didn't return his gaze. Perhaps she was stretching the truth a little, but she wasn't lying when she said she would've gone alone and that he saved her by performing the spell while she stood frozen.

Remus looked at her for a long moment then nodded shortly. "Draco you're excused. I would like to speak to Ivy for a moment alone." Draco's gaze did not let up as he quietly stepped outside the room and shut it behind him.

Ivy steeled herself against the idea of detention, despite quidditch practice starting that day, but Lupin just sighed deeply. "What you did was reckless and foolish Ivy. You're an incredibly talented witch, but you can't mistake that with being prepared for every situation. I need to know that you will trust that I am here to prepare you for these things, and I need to know that you will not do something like this again."