Someone check on Draco

The days up until Hogsmead passed without any more surprises, either good or bad, which Ivy was immensely relieved about. The tension that surrounded all her friends was more than enough for her to have to focus on.

It was nowhere near the level of the previous supper but there was a distinct quietness that radiated off of Draco and infected the rest of the group. The night before the trip into town Ivy could barely stand it anymore, so she excused herself to bed early just for some reprieve.

As soon as she left Theo looked exasperatedly at his blonde friend, who was watching her ascend the stairs. "Mate I love you, and I know this must absolutely suck, but you've got to pull it together."

Draco sighed and put his head in his hands. "I know that, I'm trying." Blaise threw a sympathetic arm around his shoulders and gave Theo a hard look, who put up his hands in a protest of innocence.

"What Theodore is trying to say, is that while this is difficult, we know your friendship with Ivy is so much more important than anything else. We just don't want to watch that get hurt."

Draco nodded reluctantly then quietly went his own way to bed. Pansy, Selina, Theo and Blaise all shared exasperated looks. After a minute Selina broke into a chuckle which eventually caused the remaining four to collapse into laughter.

They finally began to settle and try to quiet themselves down after the rest of the Slytherin rooms attempts at shushing them had resulted in a prefect walking over and smacking them all sharply on the heads with his newspaper.

As Blaise wiped tears from his eye (the newspaper had nicked his eyelid) Selina breathily shook her head, "Merlin, this is a right bloody mess isn't it." This made them all start laughing again till the prefect got warningly onto his feet, a book replacing the newspaper in his hand, which was motivation enough for them scatter to their respective dorms, giggling hopelessly the whole way.

——🐍——

When Pansy woke the next morning she stretched stiffly, made a coffee and ventured down to the closet to select her outfit for Hogsmead before her dormates descended.

When she reached the bottom of the spiral staircase it was all she could do to keep her mug from dropping to the ground, but the little slip she'd had pulled her out of her shock as she grimaced and wiped the scalding coffee from her hand.

She turned around and crept back up the stairs then walked over to Selina and shook her gently. Seconds later a pillow was being launched at her head, but she'd been prepared and she easily swatted it away,

"Much as I treasure this ritual, you'll have to skip the morning dramatics today, we have a code red in the closet." The blonde eyed her warily but when Pansys face betrayed nothing but seriousness she relented and got out of bed.

When the pair reached the bottom of the stairs, Selina's reaction was very similar to what Pansy's had been. Her eyes widened in shock as she took in the clothes and shoes that were strewn chaotically through the room.

When Pansy had first come down Ivy had been rifling around her closet, muttering to herself, but now she sat in a plaid skirt and her pyjama top staring blankly into one of the floor length mirrors.

Selina began to move across the floor, smoothing out shirts, pants, and shoes and organising them all into their own neat little piles while Pansy walked over to Ivy and sat next to her, bumping her shoulder lightly with her own. "Hey gorgeous, how are you doing?"

Ivy turned to her with wide, solemn eyes. "I have no clothes." Pansy raised her eyebrows and looked back across the room, where Selina was still moving about fixing the disaster. "Interesting. Not to dismiss your feelings here, but I'd have to disagree."