See-You-Laters

Breakfast the next morning was a rushed affair, and coffee from Ivy's station was consumed in the gallons by the three girls. Naturally, they had not packed a single thing beforehand, and they had to drag themselves out of bed at what Selina called the ungodly hours of the morning but was really just eight am.

They dashed around the room and raced up and down the stairs, throwing items and articles of clothing at each other desperately. Thanks to her extended satchel, Ivy finished significantly before her friends, and she tried to help them for a while before she fled the room with Stheno. When she walked into the common room, Draco was sitting on one of the armchairs reading a book.

Ivy grumbled as she collapsed in a chair next to him. "You prick. You would be composed and prepared the morning we have to leave wouldn't you." Draco smirked at her and set his book to the side.

"How scary is your room right now on a scale of one to ten?" He asked.

"Fifteen. I tried to help Pansy collect her clothes and got smacked in the face by a hanger seven times. She swore it was an accident but it happened suspiciously close to me reclaiming a pair of black leggings I'd loaned her that she liked."

Draco sniggered and Ivy shot him a playful glare before she turned to Stheno and scratched under her chin, cooing sweetly at her. "You'll bite the mean boy who's laughing at my suffering, won't you darling?" Stheno hissed dreamily and sunk her head into Ivy's palm.

"Unlikely, Stheno loves me." Draco smiled and reached over to pet the snake, who rubbed her face into his outstretched hand affectionately. Ivy pouted and crossed her arms while Draco beamed. "See? Told you she loved me."

Ivy glared at her snake. "Traitor." Stheno just flickered her tongue at her owner in response, making Draco laugh even harder. The smile she was fighting off broke through as Stheno settled back on her shoulder.

She leaned her head back on the sofa, closed her eyes and groaned. Draco watched her sympathetically. "I figured you'd still be knackered. You got to bed at 1:30 this morning, and I reckoned you hadn't packed." Ivy flipped him off at this, and he chuckled but continued. "You can sleep a bit on the train ride home, I reckon. I actually seem to distinctly remember you being quite rude the last time I interfered with your beauty rest on the train."

Ivy glared at him with one eye open. "You burst into my compartment without knocking, and wouldn't leave me alone, you tosser."

Draco beamed at her, "And thus started a beautiful friendship you'd be lost without." She snorted and laid her head back down on the sofa. She only remained in peace for a few more minutes before Blaise, Theo, Pansy and Selina could be heard hollering for Draco and Ivy to hurry up and make their way to the entryway with their bags.

She dragged herself off the couch and smiled gratefully at Draco when he slung her satchel over his shoulder in addition to his own bags. He smiled back and gestured for her to lead the way, and she lead them to where their friends were gathered impatiently.

Reaching the entryway, Ivy caught sight of Hagrid and walked over to him, beaming brightly at her large friend. When she reached him, he patted one of his pockets excitedly. "Got tha' thing righ' 'ere. Reckon I'll give it teh him when he boards the train."

Ivy knew immediately that he was talking about their picture book, and she nodded her head in vigorous agreement. "That's a brilliant idea Hagrid. He'll be able to look it over on his own time that way. I'm sure will be emotional for him to see all of the pictures; it's very thoughtful of you to give it to him when he won't have additional pressure."

Hagrid flushed and swatted the air with his hand. "Oh, s'nothin' really. Yer the one who 'ad the idea." Ivy smiled, "But you made it possible."

As Hagrid was about to respond, McGonagall strode up to him and informed him all the first years were there and accounted for. She smiled kindly at Ivy and wished her a good summer, which Ivy reciprocated before she strode off again.