34 - Built Memories

Playlist:

Between The Raindrops by Lifehouse

Married Life by Michael Giacchino

Drunk in love by Beyoncé

~*~

“We are going to get married.” Harry announces, a grin on his face and gripping Louis’ hand in his tightly, on top of his lap. He doesn’t notice since he is catching everyone’s reaction present on the room but Louis is looking at him from his side thinking to himself I did this, I deserved listening to him saying this.

While Fiona starts crying and the rest of his family smiles the biggest they can, Zayn and Niall look shocked and the rest of their friends just look at each other thinking yes they did it, the emotions on that room are all the same. Except from two people, whose feelings are so enormous that can’t be comprehended by the other ten in their living room.

This moment is just the beginning of something new, something that it will take a lot of work, will take a lot of Harry and Louis but that will also come out as something good out of a challenge.

They don’t want the perfect wedding but they look forward to a perfect life together, this one not being immune from ups and downs but that’s just what everything is made of and everything they are already ready for.

So between making wedding invitations where Louis made sure to draw a house and then Harry a daisy in all of them because they looked too posh so they wanted to make them look more them, hire a photographer that happens to be Harry’s friend from work, and choosing the menu and decoration for the wedding party, that made Louis feel like a princess and he decides not to think if that’s a good or bad thing – Harry definitely supports it – they find themselves shopping for their suits. Together, not thinking that the traditional is what should happen.

They don’t know how they decided to leave this for last when it should be one of the first thing done, right after the invitations but is not like they’re worried and stressed about it.

Louis remembers when he went shopping with Harry to buy a suit for her sister’s wedding but this time is definitely different. This time they’re officially together, it’s their own wedding and Harry can’t stop grinning and touching the fabric from all the suits that Louis says are pretty.

They decided that they want to go with the same suit but with different ties – well, Harry wants a bow to himself – and maybe different shoes as well. Harry lets Louis choose, after a small fight because Louis wasn’t agreeing with that option, but I’m sure I will like anything you choose, chop suey. And sure will love it better when take I it off at the end of the night and the conversation finished there.

“Do you like this one?” Louis appears wearing a black suit that looks like the two last ones that he wore previously, maybe the difference is on the collar, or maybe is all about the shirt. “I think I like this one the best.” He looks at himself in the mirror, spinning around and looking at how his bum fits on the pants. “Doesn’t make my bum look that big.” Which is a lie because it looks like it did on the previous ones. It doesn’t look that small. Harry isn’t worried one bit.

“I love it.”

Louis sighs in annoyance and looks away from the mirror to meet Harry’s eyes. He puts his hand on his hip and even though he didn’t mean it, he is smiling.

“You’ve been saying that in all of the suits I’ve tired and said I liked it.”

“Yes because I do like them as well.” Harry smiles back nodding, his dimples popping out as well as his teeth. The woman in the back that has been helping them, walks towards them with another suit in her hands, a smile plastered in her face.