4 - Broken glasses

Playlist:

Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra

The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift

ZZ Ward by Last Love Song (acoustic)

~*~

"What are you... How did you..." Louis stutters trying to speak to the stranger in front of him. Louis tights his grip on the door, till his knuckles turn white.

Harry is looking at him, Harry can fucking look at him while Louis looks behind his back enabled to do it.

"Your friend -I mean, the guy with dark hair, Zayn? He drove me here." He says and what the hell? Why is Harry speaking so calmly? Speaking with that so much more croaky and husky than the last time Louis heard on a video, looking so much taller than him than the last time he noticed the difference in a picture. There are no wide curls but a fringe pulled back and long curvy hair, there are no large pants and Louis' sweaters, but there is tight jeans and a T-shirt Louis have never seen in his life. There is no baby face, there is a man's sculpted face with a long jaw. Louis can't even recognise his smell, Louis can't recognise his lost best friend. There are green eyes... But there's something different on them. Louis doesn't know if it's good or bad... He thinks he won't know.

"You aren't... You..." He feels it, Louis feels it... The tightness in his chest, he can't breathe, he can't talk... He just can't be here. Harry is in front of him, taking him by surprise and it just isn't the same, he can't just touch him, can't just say hi and go back to where they stopped. The world grew up with them instead of them growing up together.

"Louis," he gives a step forward and Louis gives one backwards, not holding the door anymore. "I understand..." Harry nods referring to the fact that Louis doesn't want to be close.

And he doesn't. He feels so sick. He feels like he is going to puke anytime, he just heard that man saying his name and it felt so weird... So fucking weird, he wants to push him away not to see him again or shout to bring the Harry that left him. No, the Harry who used to say he would never leave Louis.

The Harry he was supposed to grow up with. Louis didn't see that man growing up, he lost a lot of his life, he doesn't know what's going on with him. He knows his past, not his present.

"Look at you Louis," his face softens "look how grown up you are now. Look at -"

"No!" Louis almost shouts, keeping walking backwards. The stranger's face changes but he keeps following Louis with his green eyes.

"I know Louis..." Harry says calmly, fucking calmly when Louis feels like crying right now.

"You know nothing." Not even me.

And no, Harry doesn't.

"Louis, I -"

"Stop saying my name." Louis shouldn't be this mad. It's been five years, he shouldn't be acting like a kid and more like he said to Zayn he would. But Harry had such an impact on his life and he sees... He sees it now, he had been lying to himself... He was okay, yes, happy, sometimes, but he always lied when said it doesn't matter anymore.

There were times when he could have pressed quit but he hit continue, however, he stayed on the same place.

"I don't want you to say it. Not now, not like this," not ever because Louis was sure he wanted to find Harry but now that he is in front of him he isn't sure of it.

"I came here to talk." And he continues, talking that way, talking like he hasn't left Louis shattered into pieces, like they didn't have that friendship, like they haven't fallen in love like they did.