2 - Knowledge

» it's really important, for better comprehension, for you to read my author's notes at the end of each chapter from now on :)

~*~

"Hey, Mr Tomlinson, are you feeling better this week?"

"Yes I am, thanks for asking Jonathan." Louis answers, offering a small smile to his student. "Felt pretty down at the weekend, think it was just a cold." He finishes, saving his stuff in his bag while the other students exit the auditorium.

Louis likes to have a good relationship with his students, so when he said that he was everyone's favourite teacher, he wasn't wrong -well he is the favourite teacher for the students who actually have his class, of course. He still has a young mentality and is a kid from heart because Louis actually hates to be an adult now -what would little Louis say?

So his students are his way to feel like he is still on high school, in his classes he is more like a student than a teacher, really. So it's not a lie that they all feel comfortable around him and Louis does his best for it. Of course there are still some students who fake liking him or who he doesn't get along that well with because they're a bit problematic, but he can count them by his fingers.

"We all noticed it on Friday. Tough week?"

"Tough work more like. I have some plans for grade twelve so be prepared." Louis grins and Jonathan seems excited for it.

He is his best student, not shame to say one of his favourites from all years. He is always nice and polite, really talkative and also ready to help with everything. Maybe the one in these last two months he had created a better relationship with

"Will it involve the other senior class?"

"Yes, it will involve all the eldest. Can't tell you what's on my mind, so don't try to ask me questions." Louis jokes, leaning his hips against the piano in the middle of the room.

"I understand." The green eyed boy says and Louis notices that he sure was thinking about asking more questions, which would take his whole break to answer, however his smile drops and, well, his fifteen minute's break will be wasted anyway. "Mr. Tomlinson?"

"Yes?"

"You always say that we should talk to someone when we feel a bit down, right?" Louis nods, giving his attention to the brunette in front of him, his eyes are on his feet so Louis sees himself forced to answer with proper words.

"Yes, that's what I say."

"Well, you are the teacher who I talk the most and feel more comfortable with..." Jonathan starts "And well, I haven't been feeling that well lately..."

"I've got some minutes to listen." Louis says, now fully leaning over the piano and crossing his arms against his chest.

"It's nothing special, but I've got no one to talk to. Well... Otherwise my parents but they don't really hear me out and are probably too stressed out or busy to give me attention." Louis feels his own relaxed expression falling off from his face, getting serious and listening attentively. "So... erm, I hope I'm not bothering you sir but -"

"Jonathan, c'mon, you know I like you all to see me as a friend. Class is over now, you can speak... please." Louis says more gently

"Thanks." He says shyly and finally meets Louis' face, pushing his hair back from his forehead and taking a deep breathe. "I fought with my best friend on Friday and, like, I know this is kinda childish to complain about but I hate being mad at him. We usually apologise to each other the next day but I'm conscious that this time it won't be like that... it's like, really serious. I'm mad at myself for it but not sure whose fault is... it's just weird being like this at him and just not good to handle." He sighs sadly and there's silence around the room when he doesn't continue. Louis realises he won't explain anything neither add some detail.