12 - Wake up

Playlist

Breathe me by Sia

Medicine by The 1975

Dead Hearts by Stars 

» warning: the beginning of this chapter might be a bit triggering for some of you, idk just be careful.

~*~

Louis looks around and it's all too dark, however he can see. He doesn't feel cold nor hot, he doesn't feel scary nor relaxed, he is just there, not sure if he is breathing even. He isn't attentive to the details but he starts moving his feet and he thinks he is walking along the darkness. He can't name the place he is, he doesn't recognise it but at the same time he knows where he is, knows what it looks like around him, maybe that's why he doesn't pay attention at the details.

He starts listening to something, at first it sounds like lights turning on and off, bells ringing or thin glass hitting in each other but everything sounds so crystal but far away then it's like water or just rain hitting puddles. He rubs his eyes and when opens them wider he sees a door, he knows where he is and now he is afraid. Now he is having chills. It's always the same.

He sees lights coming from under the door, he wants to walk away but he has no control over his body so he raises his hand and opens the door. He knew this was going to happen.

He is in a bathroom. He recognises it but it's all different. The tiles are light, light brown but he knows they are white, the place looks small but he knows it's quite big, there's a small mirror and a light next to it but he knows the mirror is big and it has lights on it.

At this moment he has left his body and he sees himself walking in and then turning around to look at the corner. He looks at his young self almost sadly, fearing for his own skin, knowing what's on that teen's mind even though it's not him anymore.

He sees the same that the probably eighteen years old Louis sees. A small boy sitting on the floor, his breathing unsteady and heavy, crying and with a white and red towel next to him. Louis sees himself walking closer and crouching himself next to the other kid. He sees his hand touching the boy's shoulder.

He looks up. Harry looks up at Louis, his eyes swollen and wet, his face bruised, his lip trembling and his hair out of the place.

"Harry..." Young Louis whispers, his voice catching in his throat.

"I hurt myself." Louis knows it's Harry, he imagines him like that, but the features aren't all right, it's him but at the same time it isn't. "I hurt myself, Louis." Harry repeats and raises his arms with blood streaming down from them. Louis doesn't see the wound, he sees nothing but there's blood and it's coming out from somewhere because it's just appearing more and more. The tile is white now but there's blood filling it.

"No..."

"I'm sorry." Harry keeps crying while young Louis starts as well. The old one, the one from the present watches the scene, hears their voices and other ones whispering things from behind him. He doesn't recognise them.

"You are good. You are with me. I'm here." Louis cries out, his voice getting louder. Louis from the present wants to take them away from there but his aim is to be there and watch. He isn't allowed to move. He can't help them even if he wants to.

He wants to so bad.

But he knows what's going to happen, he knows how this ends.

"But you didn't stop me. You weren't here." Harry says soulless, his voice obviously changing and his eyes focused on Louis' face, its colour changing as well. They are black and even though he is paralysed and looks almost creepy, he doesn't stop crying hard.