INDEX & PRONUNCIATION GUIDE

*THIS IS NOT A PAID STORY! There is behind the scenes content that is purchasable, but not necessary to read. It was an experiment with Wattpad and I wanted to try. That's why there is a Paid Story mark, but the story itself is FREE :D

Hello, hello friends!

Welcome to The Secrets of Lore Seymour. This is an Index page containing settings, terminology, and a pronunciation guide. I've often seen people requesting index pages for fantasy novels, so I made one.

Please don't let this page overwhelm you because you don't have to remember all this nor do you need to read this right now. Everything is introduced throughout the story. However, if you find yourself forgetting something or you've taken a break from the story and need some refreshers, you can jump back to this page and remind yourself!

Index

Setting

Earth (mortal realm):

Shrali - the mortal kingdom in which this story takes place.

Rhamie - the capital of Shrali.

The Holy Church - refers to the church of the Three Mothers. While it is not the only religion, it is the most practiced mortal religion worldwide.

Trinia - the main cathedral of the Holy Church, which is located in Rhamie.

States - are areas within the kingdom ruled by Lords, Ladies, or Lieges, often relatives to the royal family.

Silra - a state within the kingdom ruled by Lord Lore Seymour, one of our MC's.

Nosa - capital of Silra, the city near Lore's estate.

Vampire Realm:

Vexsis - the planet where vampires are from.

Istolon - the main vampire kingdom where the king presides.

Zulia - the capital of Istolon.

The Holy Church Terminology:

The Three Mothers - sometimes referred to as the Mothers or the Holy Mothers, it's the main religion of the mortal realm where followers/faithful believe there are three supreme beings who are the "mothers" of the world. Kaluya Goddess of Earth, Jasta Goddess of Sun and Maeita Goddess of Moon.

Elminore - the God of Chaos believed to be the creator of Vexsis, true ruler of the vampires, and an enemy of the Three Mothers.

Divinity - the Holy Church refers to magic and mana as divinity; a holy power gifted to them by the Three Mothers.

Casting - as the name may suggest, it refers to casting spells, but the Holy Church doesn't like to use the term "spells," so they just refer to it as a cast or casting.

Seraphic - a user of divinity. Typically every magic user is called a seraphic unless being spoken of by nonbelievers or they've committed a crime, in which case they're called a mage.

The Prophet - this is essentially the sovereign of the Holy Church, kind of like the pope. There is only ever one and they are picked based on what they have achieved for the Holy Church. The Prophet signs off on holy missions and sees to running the church.

Ebony Hawinan - the first Prophet of the Holy Church who battled against the vampires during the Vampire Wars and came to a truce with their king, Morren Valyork.

Champions - these are the elite warriors of the Holy Church, those who have proved themselves in battle against vampires and nonbelievers. Champions often control their own legions so they're sort of like war generals. They are only beneath the Prophet in terms of power and prestige.