Chapter 5

The sun rises. Another beautiful day awaits. Today, we said we were going to go shopping with my mom. However, the fridge is still a bit to full for that.

So, we decide to grow closer to her, we'd make her a classic american breakfast. We made eggs, blueberry pancakes, bacon and started brewing some coffee as we heard my mom wake up.

"Izuku, what are you doing?" She asks, tiredly. "Making coffee, I put breakfast on the table already." We tell her.

"You didn't have to." She says. "I know, but I felt like I should make up for not being here at all yesterday." I say, as we both eat. Halfway through the meal, we stop and prepare my mom's coffee. I memorized the exact way she likes to have her coffee made, and for the sake of it, we have some as well.

Usually, we hate coffee, but this time it's decent. It's hot, which hurts our mouth, and the sugars sweetness is very much loved, but there's this one component, this one thing in our mouth, that almost tastes like pure ecstasy.

It almost made us lose focus on eating, as it was so hard to place down what we loved about it. What is the component used in this coffee that we love?

It doesn't matter. Once we finish eating, we take our dishes to the sink and started cleaning them. "So mom, we should go grocery shopping." we say. "Yes, I guess we need to." She says.

"Anything in particular that you want?" She asks me. "Nah. I think I know everything we need to buy." We say.

A few minutes later...

We had finished shopping. We had grabbed a chocolate bar as a snack, and then the 2 of us started walking home.

As we walk, we take a bite of the chocolate bar, and then we taste the pure ecstasy from earlier. It was in the coffee, but the chocolate, it was much more powerful, and delicious. Almost made me consider ditching everything in life entirely and robbing all stores of all their chocolate.

But, being next to my mother snapped me out of that. I'm doing all of this for her. All of it.

Then, we hear an explosion. Not like Bakugou's, these ones are larger. We look to the source of the sound and see a building in the distance explode, and then, something appears in the distance, smashing everything in sight on the road.

Seeing this, we see people rushing inside buildings. "Quick, in here!" Someone shouts to us and seemingly many other people walking on the road as well.

People rushed in, and thankfully for me, me and my mom got separated very quickly, so we were able to hide in an alley near the building, and wait until we heard the door close, before transforming into Carnage. We jump up to the roof of the building, and get ready to attack whatever is coming my way.

Then, as they get closer, we see what it is. It's 3 guys, in a highly advanced truck, with the heroes Ingenium and Kamui Woods on their tail.

"How are we going to stop them?" Kamui asks, with me hearing him due to my insane senses. "There's a police barricade up ahead, it's our job to slow them down and distract them so the barricade works." Ingenium says.

Distract them? We can do that.

We jump down and shoot off sharp pieces of ourself at the tires, causing it to swerve for a moment, before we jump onto the hood of their truck, transforming my arm into a long blade. 

We stab the hood of the truck, where the engine should be, and then, we do a flip and land behind the car and bend the axles. 

With that out of the way, we then quickly run to the front of the truck and rip the door off, one of them, punched us in the face with some form of a strength enhancement quirk. We bit his arm off, and then quickly kill the rest of them by biting off their heads, and eat their brains. One of them had their hand merged with the truck, so we assumed his quirk was the reason the truck was upgraded, and we were right because the moment he died, the truck suddenly returned to normal.

Then, I'm suddenly surrounded by thick branches. "Freeze Carnage!" Kamui shouts. "Ingenium, Kamui Woods. 2 amazing heroes. You know, if this situation were different, we'd probably ask for an autograph. Unfortunately, this isn't the time for such things." We say.

"You can ask after parol." Kamui says. "Awww, so considerate, but I'm afraid that won't happen for a while." We say, as we morph a tendril out of our back and chop myself out of my binds.

"However, being the bringer of justice we are, we refuse to fight heroes, so this is goodbye." We say, turning invisible and going to the building my mom was in. The groceries were on the roof, so we jumped up, grabbed them, and then snuck into the building. It wasn't hard, and soon, we emptied the building, with my mother being very relieved we were both okay.

After that, we continued the walk home. It wasn't painfully long, but it was painfully awkward. We couldn't think of much to talk about, but we should still talk.

Once we get home, we help put stuff away and then me and mom sit on the couch and turn on the tv.

"-involving a high speed car chase, 3 criminals were destroying the city with truck enhanced by one of their quirks. The chase was initially only performed by Kamui Woods, but later Ingenium joined in later after hearing of the event. Their plan was initially to slow them down enough and distract them so the criminals would be led to a police barricade. However, that didn't happen, as mid-chase Carnage, the villain or vigilante as some people have argued, shot out the vehicle's tires, stabbed the engine, and bended the axle. Shortly after, Carnage's actions were caught on a nearby traffic camera. Though the initial moments shall be removed as Carnage broke into the vehicle and opened his mouth full of vicious teeth, and bit into their flesh, devouring the heads of the criminals, the moments afterwards shall be shown." She says, as the footage is pulled up. "Carnage was caught in the binds of Kamui woods, before escaping by extending a tendril out of himself and chopped free. Then, he mysteriously disappeared. He said however that he refused to attack heroes. Now we have commentary from Ingenium." She says.

This should be interesting. We wonder what he'll say about us. "I saw him in person and all of his actions were incredibly precise. He immediately did everything in his power to slow them down. While I can't publicly release information on the undergoing investigation of Carnage, I can assure everyone that this footage will help a great deal with the capture of Carnage." Ingenium says.

Hearing this makes me curious, so we connect myself to my phone and hack into the police database and find the investigation they're conducting on me.  Turns out, the footage doesn't help with the investigation.

They believe because of my lack of violence towards heroes, and my extreme efficiency with taking down the vehicle earlier today, they're searching  for someone who was either expelled, quit or still in a schools heroes course. This means that they won't find me for a while as I'm not going to a hero course any time soon.

We mentally laugh as we change channels, and wait for night to fall.

Once it does, me and Toga go out for some Vigilante work. After a few kills, we're suddenly constricted. We look behind us and see Eraser Head.

We immediately free myself from his scarf and then glare. "Interesting, so you have a mutant quirk." He says.

"Maybe. Now that I think about it, I can't really stop being this bloody goop. I can only change our shape and density. Maybe I can change size- wait no. The reason I can get bigger is because of regeneration making more blood cells which is what I'm made of, and any time I need to get smaller, I probably dispose of it by pouring it into Toga's digestive system allowing for her to never need to eat food now that I think about it. Whatever, these thoughts can wait until later." I tell us. 

"Maybe. Or maybe there's another reason I'm able to resist your quirk. After all, we don't always look like this. Makes escaping easier though. Just to be safe though." We say, then shooting a sticky piece of myself over his goggles preventing him from seeing through them or taking them off, as we turn invisible, and then run back home, satisfied with our work for the night.

Timejump, Morning, 8:30 am

Oh boy, we should've just run.