Chapter 20

Very soon after the 3 day break, we got another 2 day break after villains invaded the USJ.

We weren't too concerned however. Even though our school was broken into by villains, we were only motivated to get more prepared. We, as in all of class 1-A. They were once again shocked at the lead we were taking in this class. Normally being overshadowed by a quirkless kid would leave them upset and complaining, but to my suprise, they decided to instead learn from me.

Starting with my personal training regimen.

"DEAR GOD!" We hear them all say as we show an example of our strength, lifting most of a tree trunk. "Yes, I'm well aware this is impressive for someone in my given situation, but it's far from impossible to achieve this kind of strength, even though I'm quirkless." We say.

It was true. Human bodies have developed to become much stronger through training, regardless of if you have a quirk or not. "I will be starting you off with much lighter weights." We say.

The current number of people here is 17, technically 19 if you include me and Toga. Katsuki and Todoroki skipped because they believed that they're methods of training were better, and Kirishima went with Bakugou. We'll see about that at the UA sports festival.

However, as most of the student's hear learned, my training isn't exactly easy. 20 minutes in and everyone was complaining about the the exercise. "Don't worry. If you feel exhausted then that means it's worth it. Exercising is practically useless if you don't get stronger." We say, feeling a little exhausted from our workout, lifting a whole tree for exercise.

"How did you get so strong Midoriya?" Momo asks us. "I've never had a quirk, so exercise was my only way to improve. It worked out well for me in case you couldn't tell." We say.

"How often do you do this?" Asks a very exhausted Kaminari. "More than daily, and you can take a break now before you hurt yourself." We tell him before dismissing a few others from the exercise.

"When will we get as strong as you?" Kaminari asks in a fainted breath. "Maybe after 10 months? That's how long it took for me to get to where I am." We tell them.

"Ten months of this?" They ask in shock. "Oh definitely not. I was skin and bones back then lifting much lighter. It might take you 2 if you grow at the rate I did, but be warned I'm also growing, and don't plan on stopping. More accurate calculations show it would take 3 months before you gain my current level of strength considering you might take some days off for breaks." We tell them, fully analyzing the situation.

"How are you so smart and strong?" Mina asks us. "We developed a photographic memory, so information stays locked up inside our head immediately after analyzing it. Getting that is a little hard to do, but it is possible. Granted that means you'll remember every cringy thing you've even done a lot more." We tell them, knowing teenagers can do a lot of cringy things that they just want to forget.

"I see." Mina says. We continue working out and eventually toss the tree upwards a good five feet before punching it and causing it to snap in half.

We then take the tree and start making mini-figures of my classmates out of the wood.

"What are you doing Midoriya?" Iida asks. "I'm making wooden statues of you all. It helps me maintain my precision by making these figures with precise details. I've done quite a few heroes, and a few random people I see on the streets as well." We tell them, as we get the body of Shoto Todoroki started. In about 5 minutes I have his figure finished and am moving onto the others in our class.

They watch in awe, some joining in and trying to carve as well. It was unsurprising that most couldn't get the carvings done in the slightest, making major mistakes.

Like we did when we first started. We couldn't get things to work the way we wanted until 10 days of carving were spent trying to make a figure of myself as Carnage.

"Are you even allowed to be here?" Tenya asks us. "I believe so. There was one sign saying people couldn't come out here, but I assume that's just years outdated because I've been coming here since I was four. It was calming to get away from it all and just nap in a tree occasionally or write about a new apex predator that has an over-powered quirk." We tell them truthfully.

It was always a fun pass time of ours to watch fights in the forest ever since we got these powers. The first time we ever saw a real monster in this forest was when we saw the monster that could only be described as the King of the Forest when the I, Izuku, saw a giant bear with a plant quirk when I was 4.

I was terrified of it back then, but I'd say now, we're much braver.

"Hey everyone. Can you all get in the trees please?" We ask them. They all get into the tree, before suddenly hearing a giant roar. Soon, the Apex moves towards us, and becomes visible to our friends. 

We call the Apex Timber, due to it being surrounded by wood and bark. A terror with glowing green eyes. It stared at us, and growled, unable to see our friends in the tree.

"Hello again pal." We say in excitement as the bear gets ready to charge at us. "I was waiting for part 2 of training." We say, as we run towards it, and it does so as well. It swipes at us with its claws, but we slide under them. We then punch it in the underbelly, lifting it at least 3 feet into the air.

We then grab it and slam it back down, before jumping on it's back. It roars and tries to shake us off of it. Then, our danger sense goes off and we jump off Timber's mighty back as spikes suddenly grow out of it. It charges at us once more, but we jump over it and kick it's head into the dirt.

We fight for a few more minutes before the creature gets tired and runs away.

"What the heck Midoriya!" Iida screams from the tree. "Sorry. I should've mentioned me and Timber occasionally fight in these woods. Don't worry, Timber is just a territorial bear that you don't need to worry about so long as you can climb trees." We tell them.

"Midoriya, this behavior is dangerous and will only end up getting you hurt." Iida tells us. "If there wasn't risk, it wouldn't be a fight. If I want to get stronger, I need to push myself to my limits. Plus Ultra. Besides, the bear won't attack me if I hand it berries. Timber may be a monster to most, but she doesn't bite the hand that feeds. Not sure why, but she won't." We tell them.

"She?" They ask all at once. "Yeah, Timber is a mother bear. Her children have quirks similar to her. One is made entirely out of plants, one can emit spores, another has a quirk more like their fathers, maintaining some aspects of the mothers quirk, where it can steal life force from plant life to become stronger or just to eat." We tell them.

"What's the father's quirk?" Kaminari asks. "To sort of balance out life force in an area. Sort of like taking the whole average of something. It adds up the life force of all things in a 10 meter radius, and divides by the number of beings capable of containing life force in said area, and distributing that number. I've actually seen him bring something back to life."  We explain.

We then look, and see everyone shocked. "How do you get such detailed notes on these animals?" Mina asks. "Hours of observations on beings that have no idea how observant you are or that you're even focusing on them." We reply. We then start packing up our stuff, before slinging our bag over our shoulder.

"I'll see you soon if we train together again." We say, going home. In actuality, we were going to be Carnage and fight crime, but they didn't need to know that. I did suspect Iida would tell someone what I'm doing out in the forest, but we know our laws. Nothing we've done in the forest is illegal, especially considering we bought the forest and removed the no one is aloud in rule.