Chapter 28

Bakugou's Pov...

...

...

...

"Are you aware of how weak you are?"

The voice rings out in my head. In the middle of the night, it never leaves me alone.

"When did you become so weak?" "Why do you tolerate these failures?" "Why do you still live such a pathetic life? Didn't you say you'd rather die than live as an inferior to him?" 

It never stops asking me questions. While I'm at school, while I'm in bed, while I'm talking to my parents. I'm never alone, and I hate it.

My eating habits are horrible as well. I eat raw meat, chocolate, mushrooms sometimes. My body feels like it's on fire. I feel horrible every single moment.

Why am I feeling this way? I need to see someone about this. Maybe Deku will know what happened to me.

Izuku's Pov...

Bakugou looks horrible recently. We can't say we don't find joy in that, but it's a bit unsettling. We only have a week until we go to the summer camp.

We're worried for his health. Did seeing us in such an injured state make him finally realise his how much he's hurt us, and how much of a pain tolerance he's given us.

Or maybe our words got to him. Did us admitting we're not looking down on him in terms of strength make him believe we completely disregarded him in that sense?

No, that shouldn't be the case. We admitted that soon enough he'll be stronger than us. Is his training to become stronger than me the reason why he's looking so horrible.

Or is it the fact that we said we were going die a hero, and nearly did die in his perspective.

We're no therapist, but 2 troubled people coming together has caused us to learn a thing or two. When we say a thing or two, we really mean we could become a licensed therapist and be better than most.

We were going to talk to him today. We were just about to put on our shoes when there's a knock on our door. We open the door to see Bakugou standing there. It's moment's like this that surprise us most, when we get exactly what we want without having to go through extreme hurdles.

"Deku, I need your help. You're the one person I trust to keep this secret. You know stuff right? Medically?" He asks. "Well I never admitted this to you since it's a little embarrassing but I did as much research as I could into becoming a doctor in case the whole hero thing didn't work out. I guess come to my room for a check-up since I can't imagine you wanting to upset mom." We say as we lead him to my room, while Mom's doing some work on her book. She's recently been making a book around us called "The First Quirkless Hero".

Part of us wanted to write the book instead for more accuracy, but then that means our mother would finally know all of the dark secrets that came with being quirkless. Don't get us wrong, she absolutely knows how horrible our life is and knew the about the bullying, but she knew we were mentally strong enough to deal with it.

Truth be told though, we were hanging onto the dream of being a hero by a thread. If we didn't get this power and have just the right quirk to fool mom. Otherwise, I think I'd have gone mad and become a fully blown super-villain.

Regardless we enter our room. "So, what are some of the symptoms?" We ask. "I'm hearing voices." He says.

"Okay. That's unnatural. Anything else?" I ask. "I'm much hungrier than usually, and my body feels hot." He says.