10

●●●●

*Three weeks later*

Penelope Dallas

.

-I would like to thank those who stood by me during the difficult days and supported this decision and idea of ​​being a member of the team. Special thanks to my father and Lewis for accepting me and participating in the world of Formula1 as a woman. I promise that I will produce the best results I can,-- I closed my speech on the opening day of the Saudi Arabian race weekend. We gathered in a small place with the team. Dad, as one of Mercedes ’great men, gave dinner to the team’s staff, thanking them for their work.

I stepped off the podium Wednesday night with a huge storm of applause and sat down next to Lewis and Dad. I had never felt so honored before that night. I'm a woman . A young lady with huge dreams. I want to travel and support the only person in my life who has always stood by me. My father was Lewis instead of my dad and I can’t thank him enough for that.
And yes, a tremendous amount of things have happened to me since the last case when Lando and I ended our relationship. The relationship that didn't end. Seriously; there was no emotional relationship between us that Norris so clearly articulated.

Damn it, I deserve a lot better than him!

The rest of the evening was spent talking. I met a lot of mechanics, engineers and to my delight there are women on the team as well. Dad smiled happily at me every single moment. It was such a family atmosphere, only Adeline was missing. My sister who is always so proud of herself. What can she do now? Maybe she has already found yourself a boy and she is  happier with than Lando, or maybe she is sitting alone in her room thinking about how good it is for me. I honestly don't know, but I miss her.

-Penelope you just shine,-- said Dad who proudly ate dinner with me

-Thanks Dad, it's good to hear that from you,-- I answered and then smiled at him

-Maybe we should meet more in the future, don't you think ?, --he suggested

-What ideas do you have, let's have dinner first and then we'll see what happens, --I replied. Dad knew it ruined our lives when he brought another woman home. He knew full well that he had made a mistake. But he never tried to get better. He didn't want to fight to really get to know us ...
After dinner, the champagne pick-up wasn’t bad, but I didn’t really want the alcohol. Not a sip went down my throat. I just watched a lot of men drink quite a few glasses of it.

Will men always be alcoholics? Why can't they enjoy anything without alcohol?

-Penelope, why don't you drink anything?-- Lewis came to me

-I don't know, I'm not asking for anything.

-Isn't it because you're pregnant, is it?

-Why would I be?

-I don't know, the last time you were with Lando was 3 weeks ago.

-I'm glad you're smarter than me, but calm down I have no problem, --I answered calmly and smiled at him

Sure, Hamilton can do everything better than me and he wants to explain everything, but in that case, I'm absolutely right, right?

My confusion was heightened by seeing a familiar tall guy. He was wearing a brown jacket and his blonde hair stood out from the crowd.

-George Russel, what a surprise, --the young British pilot joined us

-You surprised Penelope Dallas again, you spoke very well, --he said he would hug me

-How long have you known each other?-- Lewis asked

-We met 3 weeks ago, you don't pay enough attention to this girl,-- George said funny. And George was right about that. Nobody's watching me. I am alone in this vast world....

...

****

Friday

The team performed better than usual. Now as a media PR manager for the team, I’m pretty much in Padsock. I still consider it inevitable that I will not meet Lando Norris. After all, if we just look at the little thing about the Mclaren team going with our engine, that’s a big reason why I might meet him. Then, since I’m walking enough in the Paddock on Lewis’s side, Lando can come face to face at any time and that look at me will evoke something in me. Since there have never been words spoken between us, the distance will be difficult, but let’s nail it down.

There has never been an emotional connection between us!

Immediately after FP2, I headed for car number 44, which was already waiting in the garage. Lewis got out and put my helmet on me. He wiped his hair from the sweat and then a big sigh ensued.
Then a painful exclamation from me. My stomach tightened and I felt like I had to get to the bathroom. I kept my hand in front of the song at a fast pace and when I reached the bathroom I immediately leaned towards the toilet bowl. Who all came out of me. A girl ran after me and held my hair behind me. I suffered with a sigh. After reassembling myself, I thanked Carla for her help. The black-haired girl gave me anxious glances. Are you okay? and Don't need help? vacillated between.
Of course, due to my stubbornness, I walked out among the people again..
I contacted my pilot who was already preparing for the interview.

-What the hell was that? --He asked. --Are you okay?

-Of course, of course, I just vomited because of the smell of gasoline

-Did you vomit ?, --he asked in shock

-Yes, --I bowed my head

-You're not pregnant, are you? He asked  but  now much more gently and anxiously

-No, no, definitely not,-- I said as uncertainly as I could

-I can't even believe it, --Lewis said, then looked at me awkwardly and that's when Lando Norris, who had been behind us all along, faced me. His eyes were round and his voice rang roughly in my ear.

-Are you really pregnant?, asked Lando who stood in front of me in amazement. I saw his face red and completely in despair. I had never seen a face as desperate as it had been before.

...

_____________