PROLOGUE

Alexies POV

Nag lakad ako patungo sa faculty room para bisitahin ang mahal ko. Hawak hawak ko ang isang box ng cookies na aking ibibigay sa kanya. I smile wide open when I reach the room. I was about to open the room but I heard a group of people talking.

"Anong meron sa'nyo?" I heard a familiar voice, it was our Hydrology Prof. Not surprised, she's always with her.

"Nino?" My heart pounded when I hear my woman's voice.

"Ms. Alcantara" I put my ears on the door while listening to them.

"Nothing" maikling sagot naman ang narinig ko mula sa kanya.

"Where are you going?" I heard another professor asking her.

"Gonna meet Carlo," she says and I bit my lips. Why will she meet her ex?

"I thought you moved on already?" I heard Ms. Bautista, our Structural Design Prof. I'm waiting for her answer but I didn't hear anything.

"I knew it, there's something between the two of you" I heard Mrs. Dizon, our Civil Engineering Law Prof. Who's the two? Something? I'm getting more curious. What's happening inside?

"I told you I hate to get involved with the person who's younger than me, I hate babysitting" she says and I felt a pang in my chest, I feel a warm liquid dripping in my cheeks. After I heard those words, I started ignoring all the sounds that I hear. I realized that someone is standing in front of me.

"Alexies" she says and I saw the teachers smiling at me

"Here" I give her the cookies that I bake

"I know you hate to get involved with a person who's younger than you, don't worry I will distance myself" I wipe my tears and I saw how shocked she is.

"You heard it?" She says and I smile

"Go now, you might get late for your date," I say and I started leaving that place.

"Alexies, it's not what you think" I just ignore her and started running outside, I don't care even if it was raining, I want to be alone.

I know it's forbidden to love her. I keeps hoping for her even though she says that she don't want to get involved with me, but why? Why did she keep giving me false hopes and mixed signals?

.......

After a week of ignoring her, I keep distance myself from her. Nag lalakad ako sa hallway habang hinahanap ang susi ng sasakyan ko, gabi na rin naman at kailangan ko ng umuwi dahil nagugutom na rin ako. Habang busy sa paghahanap ay nagulat nalang ako ng biglang may humila saakin sa isang madilim na kwarto.

"S-Sino ka?" Kinakabaduhan kong tanong

"Sino ka ba?!" Nilakasan ko ang boses ko dahil hila hila nya pa rin ako

"Look, if you're doing some stupid things right now, don't involve me. Get off of me!" I was about to pull my hand ay biglang bumukas naman ang ilaw. I stare on her eyes, a beautiful eyes that I love staring everyday.

"Ms. Lavigne" I say and she quickly put her hands on my nape and pull me. Bigla naman nyang siniil ng halik ang labi ko. Pinatigil ko naman sya at tila pareho kaming nag hahabol ng hininga.

"Sapphire" she cupped my face

"I love you" sa tatlong salitang yun ay tila nawala lahat ng galit ko sa kanya. Bigla nya ulit siniil ang labi ko, sumuko na ang galit ko at tila sinabayan na ang paghalik nya sa akin.