XXX

***

The words that slipped from Harry's lips did something to Draco. He wasn't quite sure what it was. A warm shiver ran down his entire body and his heart felt as though it had grown in size.
But he did not let on any of those things. Instead, he held out an arm for Harry to hold on to.

It took two steps for Draco to realize that having the other man simply propped on his arm did not suffice. While stabilizing him to some degree, he still stumbled. So much so that he put Draco at risk of joining him in case he fell.
Which was why Draco decided that the better option was to swoop an arm around Harry, to support him further. The effort worked.
Only that it lead to the rather obvious consequence of Draco almost holding Harry in his arms. Something he hopen that no one witnessed from the bottom of the stairs.

"You're so warm!"
Harry slurred his words even more than Pansy did. Something that rather annoyed Draco as he had never been particularly patient with the drunken lack of articulation.
However, he observed his own notion to actually find it adorable in someone for the first time.
"And you're so drunk."
He told him in a way that sober Harry would have understood was sarcastically.

It took them a while to get to their dorm like that. And as Draco was a rather impatient person, he expected to get annoyed eith the task of half carrying his drunk roommate quickly.
Instead he found himself not all that annoyed about it. But he was still relived when they reached the top of the stairs. Because it had become increasingly difficult to Draco to support the weight of Harry. Even if he was the shorter one out of the two, he was also the broader one.

"You're strong!"
Harry exclaimed excitedly as they reached said top of the stairs. Draco did not bother to respond to the comment.
He continued to support them both until they finally reached their dorm.
Draco was glad to find that it was empty. His desire to explain why he was carrying his drunk childhood rival was expectantly low.
He dropped Harry down onto his bed, who quickly made himself comfortable by laying down entirely.
"There you are. Now sleep it off."

"Will you stay with me?"
Potter's voice was small and quiet. Almost quiet enough for Draco to think that he had imagined it. But he hadn't.
Harry was smiling up at him.
The light of their dorm provided Draco with the opportunity to examine his features more closely. His eyes were already small, ready to close and drift off into sleep amt second.

"You're ridiculously wasted. Get some sleep Harry."
He told him sternly.
"G'night Draco."
The other boy wished in response. The words drowsy with sleep and raspy.
And his name from those lips still sounded so perfect to Draco. So remarkably beautiful.

Draco went to get himself ready for bed. He had had more than enough of the day. When he finally changed into his pyjamas, he went to get into his bed. To finally escape into the world of dreams where he didn't have to think so much about things.
Despite his better judgement, he interrupted his own motion to go back accros the room. The breathing there had grown even, peaceful.
He just couldn't help but go back to the sleeping boy, who had fallen asleep fully clothed and on top of his covers.

Draco decided that it wouldn't harm anyone if he at least managed to get him under the covers. Which he did.
By levitating the sleeping body in the air and only putting it back own once he had pulled back the covers.
He did so carefully, not wanting to disturb the peaceful sleep and apparently much needed rest.
Finally, he pulled the covers back up, to tuck them around Harry. And he did so very gently. Once he had done so, his hand slipped. Just a little, tucking a few stray strands of hair out of Harry's face.