XIII

*****

Draco's eyes jumped from Luna to Hermione, to Harry, to the two Weasleys Hogwarts was left with.
In their faces he read mixed feelings about finding the room already occupied.
Luna was visibly happy and already half way across the room. The redhead girl hesitantly raised her hand for a wave, which Draco as well as Pansy returned equally hesitantly.
On Hermiones face Draco had clearly seen traces of a smile, which he was positive was not meant for him.

The next thing Draco felt were Lunas arms wrapped around him in a hug.
"How lovely to see you, hello Draco." Following her words she beamed a smile at him and proceeded to hug a very surprised Pansy next.
"Lovegood, good to see you?"
"It is, isn't it? It's so very great the two of you are here. Now we have even more company."

It was a very rare occurrence that someone was happy to see Draco. While it irritated him, Draco realized that he quite enjoyed the enthusiastic greeting. It was a behavior he'd never have himself and wouldn't enjoy in most people. However, there were few people in which he found it to be oddly matching their personality. And it was admittedly a rather comforting personality trait in. Luna was one of those few.

Finally a growl coming from the door attracted Draco's attention.
Not more than an glance was necessary to identify Weasley as the one from whom the upset noise had emerged.
"Is this really happening? Are we seriously gonna stay here with them?" The Weasel spat in the direction where Potter was standing. Draco immediately identified the disgust in Weasley's face.

Potter looked puzzled, his eyes shifting back and forth between his friend at the door and the group in the room before dropping down to the floor.
"Don't know. It's up to you. Won't be that bad". Draco was barely even able to identify the words Potter mumbled. He was clearly ashamed of his friend at the door, as well as his friends in the room.
Every person in the room, including Draco, looked at Potter expectantly. But it was Ron who spoke next.

"Not 'that bad'? Mate, have you lost it? The posh brat and his family have been making our lives miserable for as long as they've existed. I don't see how Hermione seems to ignore what kinda horrible wankers Malfoy and his friends are, but not you as well. Don't fucking tell me you've forgot how much you used to hate him. Because I surely haven't. You were God damn obsessed with him. Pretending to be his friend is bullocks and you know it."

Weasley had progressed more into yelling with every word. His face looked so heated, it almost matched his hair colour.
Draco held his breath in the tense silence that followed the monologue.
Potter was the one to bravely break it, perfectly in character.
"You're right. I haven't forgotten. Let's just get out of here mate."
And with that, the two boys turned around and walked back out of the door.
Draco caught an apologetic look that Potter sent over his shoulder as he hurried after Wealsey that stormed out, but it didn't make up for anything. It just made everything more pathetic.

"By Merlin, I don't know if you grew up in a train station, but close the damn door, morons!"
Draco shouthed after them, and seconds later the door magically swung shut.
The bang of the door erupted into the silence of the room.

After an awful moment of awkward looks the group exchanged, Ginny Weasley managed to open her mouth first.

"If that wasn't a dramatic exit then I don't know anymore.". She was obviously trying to conceal a smile, but Draco still saw it sparkle in her eyes. It seemed to be a contagious smile, as Luna started to giggle as well.
"Ginny, don't-" she brought out between her curved up lips.
"That was plain rude."
Contrary to her smile, Luna cast her girlfriend a accusing look and she sighted.

"I'm not gonna apologise to you on behalf of my brother, Malfoy. But don't take him too serious."
Draco gulped. The mood was way too light for him to weight in with how surprised he was my Weasley's words. They weren't exactly an apology, yet they were. Draco had not, and would probably not ever, gotten used to being apologized to. It felt wrong to him. He didn't think of himself as worthy of anyone's apologies. Even if that one had just been on behalf of someone and with that, practically worthless. Especially on behalf of someone who would never have neither a reason nor the means to apologize to him.