XXXVII

***

"Wow."

It wasn't necessarily a rich description of the colourful variety of feelings sparking in him, but it was the only way he could think to express them.
There just wasn't any fancy word to better describe the way he was feeling. Or any to describe it at all.
There were just more feelings than he could even name.

Harry's eyes were so glassy, he would have been concerned for his well being, if not for the soft and relaxed state of the rest of his face.
He could pinpoint the exact moment Harry came into consciousness again when he blinked and tilted his head downward a little.

Not enough to break their eye contact, and not enough to pull his face out of Draco's grasp, but enough to relax his neck slightly.
"That was..."
His voice was breathy, leaving Draco wondering if he sounded just as wound up himself.

"May I do that again?"
His breath got stuck in his throat, he had to suck it in sharply to gain any air. Draco couldn't help the way his lips curled up. He felt so perfectly happy.
Exited enough that he thought he could faint from all the tingling his body was doing, but very happy about it.
"I'd like that."

And just like that, Harry leaned forward again. Enough that their lips met as soon as Draco tilted his head down.
Their teeth crashed slightly, making a noise that Draco found uncomfortable.

But it took less than a second for him to forget about it when he felt Harry's lips on his again. They weren't perfectly soft, the bottom lip being chapped a little. Which made them feel all the more perfect to Draco. They felt slightly rough against his own.
Leaving him wanting more.
In contrast, Harry's tongue felt very soft. Whenever it brushed against his, it was the only thing he could feel. The most fascinating combination he had ever encountered.

He wanted to feel them everywhere on his skin.
Their mouths were open wider that time. He swallowed every breath that Harry was trying to take.
Nothing had ever been as captivating as capturing Harry's lips was. And he didn't think that anything would ever be.

Except maybe for continuing to do so. He wanted to let go even less than before. It tasted so delicious. And felt better than he could have possibly imagined. Even better than his memories of their prior kisses.

Their hands were eagerly roaming each others backs while their lips and tongues kept colliding.
The feeling of their bodies pressed together so tightly was almost as good as their lips meeting. Just barley failing to compete.

The chilly breeze was forgotten entirely. While he had shivered before from coldness, Draco changed his mind. He didn't think he had ever felt so warm.
The shivering remained, only that it was comfortable. And he didn't mind the goosebumps that kept erupting all over his body. Not even a little bit.

The way his skin tingled wherever Harry touched it was magical. Like he had never been touched before.
Or his skin was simply hypersensitive to his touch.
He was in absolute bliss.
Until they inevitably had to break away to catch air and the fall temperature caught up with him again, alongside the reality of what they were doing.

Somewhere, deep down, he feared that the mood would switch. That all the joy he was feeling could evaporate, that Harry would want to stop.
However amazing it felt in the moment, there was always the chance that Harry remembered who stood in front of him and regretted the action.
Maybe they should stop before it came to that. It would be less hard that way.