VII

***

"There you go, now let's start"
Draco gulped. Everyone had gathered around them, leaving them trapped in a closed circle of people.
In front of him, his glass with fire whiskey was hovering, waiting to expose him.

Potters back felt stiff against his, he probably was drunk enough to lean against him, but not drunk enough that it wouldn't make him horribly uncomfortable. And Draco really felt that.

"What the fuck have they gotten us into" he heard Potter whisper from behind him and couldn't help but smile.
"Trust me, if I knew it wouldn't be happening"

He assumed that the other boy was smiling now as well.
"Who wants to ask the first question?"
Finnigans voice was loud to sound over everyone else, Draco guessed he had used a Sonorus.
"I'll go."

Draco was lucky that the person speaking stood in the half of the crowd that he could see, because he would not have been able to identify the voice.
It was Weasley. The boy one.

"All questions should be answered by both, by drinking or not drinking." Pansy threw in, and agreeing nods went around.
He watched closely as Weasley penetrated him with his gaze and finally opened his mouth to ask.

"Has one of you ever tried to kill the other?"
Draco considered for a moment, he was not sure if he should take his shot. The only time he remembered that they actually came close was in the bathroom in sixth year, but he had really only pointed his wand.
Potter had come a lot closer to success on that day.

He decided to leave his shot down, having come to the very honest conclusion that he had never actually intended to kill Potter. Neither had he really tried.

A round of gasps went around the gathered group of people and he felt a slight motion against his back. If he wasn't mistaken, Potter had taken his shot. It confused Draco, what was Potter thinking? Had there been any attempt at murdering him that he didn't know of?

"Potter, what?!" He whispered aggressively. Potters back drew away a little from him.
"The sectumsepra in sixth year, I mean I didn't know what it would do but I almost killed you"

Draco exhaled. He was surprised to feel a little bit of something that seemed to be relief.
"Congratulations, that was not the question. Except, of course, you intended to kill me there"

His whispers had grown louder, he was hoping that everyone was too busy being shocked at who had drank to hear them.
"I did not, but It's too late now." Potter sounded a bit snappy, but he was aware that it was only because he had just embarrassed himself.

Draco chuckled as he recognized the irony of this. It was probably the effects of the alcohol, but he understood how ironic this was, and how much it had probably confused the watching students.
To them, he was the bad guy sitting here and Potter the good guy, but their answer to this question definitely threw those images off a bit.
It wouldn't have, of course, if the glasses had a charm for false drinking, but they didn't.

"Okay guys, someone go next"
Someone cleared his voice, probably preparing to ask, but Draco couldn't make out who it was.
"Whoever hates the other more has to drink!"

It irritated Draco, that wasn't exactly a question.
Neither of them moved. He would've felt felt any movement that Potter made by a muscle in his back moving. But there was nothing.

He was sure he hated Potter, somehow. At least a bit. But not nearly as much as he usually pretended. But did Potter hate him?
Draco had no clue. Would he offend him if he took the drink? He felt like that was what was expected by everyone. So why not fill in the expectations?