XXXV

***

That evening Draco found himself doing something he would have never imagined he would do. He still could barley believe it as it was happening.
Right after dinner he went up to the eight year common room, with the intent to seek out Weasley.

When he got there he found Weasley sitting in front of the fireplace, in company of Thomas and Finnigan.
The latter two were sprawled accross the sofa, tangled up in one another, while Weasley was in an armchair, chatting away more loudly than Draco thought neccesairy.

He approached the small group carefully, coming to a halt behind the sofa.
"Weasley."
He pressed out, hoping it came accross as the casual greeting he intended it to be. Weasley's eyes shot up to him, eyeing him cautiously.
"Malfoy."

Tue pitch of his voice was high enough to come accross as questioning. And Draco wished to comment on how ridiculous it sounded. But he swallowed that comment.
"May I occupy a moment of your time?"
He had to force the words out of his mouth. And by the way Weasley eyed him as soon as he had spoken them, he wished that he hadn't.

"Are you gonna go away if I say no?"
"Not very likely."
Thomas and Finnigan had gotten up with Thomas indicating for Draco to take their previous seat.
"We'll leave you to it."
For a fleeting moment Weasley's eyes left Draco to give his friends a look of bewilderment.
"You should stay."
"We'll be back."
And then Draco found himself sitting alone with Weasley.

"Just spit out what you want. Get it over with."
Draco took a deep breath, preparing himself to be laughed at for the request he was about to voice. He began speaking as soon as he noticed himself questioning if it was even worth it. To stop himself from changing his mind at the last moment.

"You know that awful stuff Harey drinks. Dragon Barrel Brandy."
A surprised sound came from Weasley, followed by an annoyed huff.
"Yes, I happen to know one of the most well known drinks."
It seemed that Draco had Draco accross more condescending than he had meant to. But he barley saw the blame for that on himself. It was hard not to be when speaking to the red haired boy.
He desperately wanted to tell him that, that he invited condescension by his mere existance.
But he bit his tongue.

"I didn't mean to imply you didn't. But since you're friends I thought your tastest may be similar."
Weasley had begun to look at Draco in a way that one might look at a Centaur in Diagon alley. Or a swarm of pixies in their living room. Draco decided he better go on, before Weasley would start to run away.
"Simply put I was wondering if you would happen to have a bottle lying around. And if you would be willing to give it to me."

He took a deep breath upon finishing. And released it audibly. He had gotten it over with, asked Weasley for a favour. And was lef to anticipate the inevitable rejection of his request.
Weasley was looking at him as if he had just asked him to hand over his wand.
"What? I mean...why would I do that?"
Draco shrugged. He didn't have an answer to that himself.

"Are you planning to poison him?"
Before he knew it, Draco laughed. Not loudly, but low chuckles vibrates through his chest.
The amount of distrust that Weasley was displaying towards him was not surprising. Nor was it entirely unjustified. Draco didn't blame him for it. And their mutual dislike for each other was no secret.
But how foolish Weasley seemed to think him was outright ridiculous. So much so that he found it amusing.

"How admirable of you to be concerned but no, that was in no way my intention."
Only with a lot of self control did he refrain from adding that he was not the idiot between them.
"What are you up to?"
Weasley was staring at Drack from narrow eyes.