Chapter 2

December 29, 2249

The snow pounds against my shoulders as I make my way to the cafe. The rectangle glasses still on my nose as the snow started to blind my eyes, as if it's trying to reflect straight into me.

The light was bright enough that when I went to close my eyes for a moment, letting my sense go to zero, someone bumped into me causing them to fall backwards,

My eyes snapped open and instincts took charge, grabbing onto them mid fall before standing them upright while taking in their appearance.

White hair matching the snow reaching just above her waist, ear muffs covering what seems to be rabbit ears, must be a quirk. Blue jeans, which seem to tuck into her big, fur boots. A big grey jacket wrapped around her shoulders, covering her upper body entirely. My eyes stare down blankly into her ruby red eyes.

If I didn't know any better, I would say she is over prepared for this winter but seeing her possible rabbit related quirk could, it could affect her reaction to temperature.

Her ruby eyes stare up to me and a small blush forms on her cheeks, the cold likely affecting her fast. There is also a look of familiarity in her eyes, perhaps she has seen me cleaning the beach.

Muttering out a quick apology, I tried to walk away but I allow myself to be caught by an arm grabbing me. Her gloved hands wrapped tightly around my wrist as I stood in place, before she realised how strong her grip was and relaxed slightly.

"You know, I would like to talk to the person who helped me, and the person cleaning the beach." The girl pouted as she spoke, while I tried to silently get out of her grip. I think to myself for a second before replying.

"Ok."

"That's it? Just 'ok', I only want to say thank you for the help?" She persisted, stopping me from trying to get out of her hands.

Why does this girl want to talk to me? I just want to be forgotten.

"It's no need, I just did what was right." Trying to get away is usually easy with most, but after trying to brush her away she kept persisting until I brought her along to the cafe.

The barista's smile seemed to be wider when she realised I was with someone else and after ordering we had a brief but small argument on who was to pay.

While she argued I sneaked the cash to the barista without the girl knowing, upsetting her a bit further.

Once we sat down we started talking and finally told me her name.

Rumi Usagiyama.

"So, what's your name?" Her soft spoken voice was the only thing that allowed me to relax in the monent.

I pondered, wondering what I should tell her.

"You can call me Izuku, no last name, Usagiyama." I kept my voice monotone, wondering how long it would be before she left.

"You can call me Rumi, Usagiyama is too long. Plus I have to call you by your first name so it's only fair." She gave a sly smirk as she spoke, resting her elbows on the table.

We ended up speaking for some hours, and I found comfort in her stories. She liked training, taking joy in fighting.

Her parent passed a few years after she was born and since then she had no fixed home or family.

She had an infatuation with heroes and even wanted to be one herself.

It even got to the point where i told her I was quirkless and it showed me the kind of person she truly was. She told me 'so what?'