Chapter 19

"That was quite a show you put on there." All Might begins. "There was something the rest of your class missed though, something deep in your eyes. As if you've gained something you lost years ago." He stares at me expectantly.

"I guess I did find something. A moment of clarification from the only man I've considered a father. Something that has been missing since the day I was born." I pause as he looks at me confused.

"But that still doesn't explain how you moved during the race. You moved differently, more flamboyant whereas Horu moves swiftly and without any energy wasted. I noticed it during the sports festival also but I never had the chance to talk to you"

I pause as I think on what to say.

"That's is simply the difference between myself and Izuku. I need to make sure any of the class don't make a connection between us, so I made Izuku sloppy in some cases. " I take a breath. "So I forcefully slowed myself down as to not draw too much attention towards myself. My hits weren't as hard, my kicks weren't as fast. It's a pain to do it, but I have to do it."

"You speak ask if Izuku, is more of a disguise than Horu. Like Horu is your true identity." All Might sends a confused glance towards me as I react. "I'm sorry if this is getting personal, but this isn't healthy. You may be Horu, but you are still my student." His face seemed concerned as I analysed him.

"Izuku is still part of me, however, every time I put on my mask, I felt truly alive. Every time a put on my mask, I became someone else, or something else." I pause as I adopt a thinking pose. "I found my true identity, and at some point Izuku became more of a mask than Horu. Besides, my name only brings bad memories."

All Might looks worried at my explanation but I'm getting tired of this conversation.

"I'm sorry, I must go. This isn't therapy." I let out a sigh before I stand up and walk towards the door. I see All Might begin to reach out to me before pulling back. When I reach the door I let out another sigh before saying. "I appreciate your worry, but it isn't needed."

5th June 2250

"Your final exams are coming up, I hope you'll all be studying and training not only your quirk but your bodies as there will also be a physical part of the exam." I hear a few member of the class deflate at this and I let out a small smile at their reactions. "Within two weeks the exams will take place, prepare as you deem necessary and good luck."

"Holy crap I'm screwed!" I look over and see Kaminari and Mina with their arms up in defeat as they talk to everyone else. Both of them placed bottom of the class.

"Maybe if you listened, you wouldn't be in this situation." I hear Todoroki say.

"Todoroki, please don't insult them, I'm sure their moral is already low." I say to him, trying to get him to understand.

"Izuku!" I look back to the two. "You have to help us, your top of the class, please tutor us."

I think it over before thinking of something, an opportunity.

"I'm not much of a teacher, but I'm sure Yaoyorozu will help explain it better than me."

I see her blush from the compliment before agreeing and muttering something about the physical exam. I'm sure this will boost her confidence a small amount.

Before long, Jiro and a few others had asked for her help in some areas. I let out a small smile at them asking before I walk to the front of the class and make an announcement.

"Now then, with Yaoyorozu already helping people study, I suggest we meet up somewhere for physical training." I see a few think about it before kirishimi shouts out,