Chapter 48

The end is near.

I can feel it.

17th September 2250

"Now I know you've been back from break for a couple weeks, however, since work studies have been active we haven't had all off you in the same room for quite some time. So what we'll be doing is tracking your progress with the robots from the entrance exam." Everyone lets out a cheer while Aizawa lets out a sigh. He sets off his quirk, silencing everyone before continuing. "Please go put on your hero suits and meet me in training ground alpha."

We all stand up and walk out the door as a class, chatting amongst each other. I walk near the back with Rumi by my side, hand to hand. I observe the class as we walk and watch as Kaminari puts his hand to his chin as if he realised something.

"Wait a minute." Everyone turns to him. "Class prez, how come you've never missed a lesson due to the work studies?" I see some look at me in expectation while myself and a few others look at them ridiculously.

"Because Aizawa teaches at UA. Plus it's underground work so we work at night." I see him smack his head at the answer while those that didn't realise it scratch the back of their heads sheepishly.

We keep walking and split as we reach our separate locker rooms. As we get changed Mineta finds himself next to me, seemingly in deep thought.

"Izuku." I look down to him. "Can I ask you something?" I think it over and reply yes. "Can you teach me to be strong?"

I bring my hand to my chin as I look him over.

"That depends, have you found a way to peek on the girls?" He looks at me before looking down to himself.

"No, after everything we've been through, I've learnt that what I was doing was weird. Besides, there's no way I can get a girl if I keep weirding them out." He gives me a cheeky smile as I analyse him. He didn't lie.

"Then you have you're answer. To become strong, one must recognise their flaws and improve upon themselves. You have recognised what you did was wrong and have stopped doing it. If you asked me, I'd say that is strength." I kneel down to his level and meet him eye to eye. "Unless you were talking about physically, it'd be great if you want to join me on my workouts."

He gives me a smile as he gets back to changing. I feel a hand clasp my shoulder, looking back I see Kirishima with a manly smile on his face.

"Speaking off training, I was hoping we could up the weight in our regiment. I feel ready." He gives me a thumbs up as I give him a nod.

"Please, the weight we're at now is child's play. If you want a challenge, we'll do what I regularly do." I see his face pale as I continue changing and meet Aizawa outside.

"Izuku." He calls out to me as I'm the only one there. "You'll be going first, apparently Nezu wants to talk with you." I give him a small nod and less than a minute later, the rest off the class come join us.

"You're finally here, good. As I said, you'll be fighting robots. This is to show your progress and any new moves you've developed during your work studies." The class give a collective nod as we each prepare. "Izuku, you'll be going first." I give a small nod and walk into the arena.

The doors start to open as I reach for the hilt of my blade. I place a firm grip and watch as they approach. There legs running over to me in one big group. As they run towards me they lift their limbs and prepare to attack. I close my eyes as I let out a small breath. In a blur my blade moves.

Blurring frenzy

My legs stay stationary but to others it looked as if my arms were in multiple places at once, while the robots seemed to drop like flies. I keep slashing my blade as they approach and once I had finished off the group I see another approaching. I sheathe my blade and reach for my batons, putting them together to form my staff.