Chapter 5

He stared at me, dumbfounded.

"But I thought you wanted me to stop?" His confusion is evident and it's perfectly justified after what I asked.

"Let me finish, you will continue under my supervision and you will only scare the scum I approve off." A sigh escapes my lips as I thought over my plan. "Lately, a new villain group has been rising and I need someone on the inside, even though you're not killing you should be able to make contact, I hope you'll be someone who I can trust. So, can I trust you?" Using him like this is wrong, asking him to  throw away his life for my own mission, but the league of villains have been growing too much and his well-being might be the last of my worries.

"Yes, I won't let you down." He has a strong conviction, it should be enough to fool the league and hopefully the public when they become well known.

"Do you have a safe place to gather information or not?" I ask

"I wouldn't say it's safe, but it works." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Meet me at XXXX street, there is an abandoned warehouse, I usually used it as some sort of safe house when heroes hunted me but, I no longer have any need for it. Take whatever equipment you need and start searching for you next target." I handed him a piece of paper with the address, giving him a stern look. "Remember to tell me everything about what you plan to do."

April 2nd 2250

Once Dokuo had set up everything, he began his hunt again and we have been meeting up to exchange information.

He stopped killing just like I asked, only sending a message to the victim and it has payed off. The league didn't want to take much time before making contact with him, offering a place for him in their group. He accepted and my man on the inside has been secured.

Me and Rumi were currently hanging around the cafe and we've gotten much more comfortable around each other. My arm was draped around her shoulders while the other was holding my drink. One of her hands laid on my chest as she cuddled into me. I adjusted the glasses on my face, feeling the familiar pain from bright lights.

Throughout the entire time we have been dating she keeps trying to tease me, I however just laugh at her and it gets thrown back into her face, but she does get my heart thumping.

She makes me feel something I haven't felt in a long time.

Alive.

Before I met her a happy life after my work always felt like long shot. As if I was never going to have one, it just simply wasn't made for me. But when she's sat right next to me, holding each other, that happy ever after seems to be closer than ever.

Walking down the street we stopped at my place, hand in hand.

Walking in after me, she quickly jumps at me. Something common, trying to catch me off guard. She latches onto my back grinning from ear to ear. She wrapped her legs around my waist, keeping a tight lock so I couldn't get her off me. Her arms gently lifted up to my neck, holding onto me for balance.

Slowly walking to my bed, I drop onto the mattress, pulling her around my body so she's in front of me. My arms move from her legs to around her waist, exhaustion setting in.

Her eyes have already been closed for a few minutes, deep into sleep. I bring my face closer to her forehead and give a gentle kiss.

This is what I want to protect, the rest of the world can wait, this feeling is what I want right now.

Nothing can change that.

April 3rd 2250

I let out a sigh, almost time to head back.

Eraserhead sat beside me, looking over the information I just gave him.

"250 people, " he lets out a sigh. "How are we going to be able to combat that, and whatever villains they already have."

"We won't, all we can do is hold of for as long as possible." I pause, looking over the quiet city. "But we still have some advantages, crime is low for now, and they're only street thugs, while they may be strong, they don't have proper training. It won't be much of a challenge."

Eraser stares at me for a moment as stayed in deep thought.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" At his question I froze, wondering what my answer should be.

"You're not the only one with something worth fighting for."

April 9th 2250

"Your arm is moving In The wrong direction, it need to go like this." Rumi asked for training, all I'm doing is giving a few pointers. Like now, by moving her arms in a certain way she should be able to gain more momentum which would mean more power in her kicks.

This is the sort of thing which is learnt through experience but I want her to be prepared.

There are a lot of strong people out there, some stronger than me, and I refuse to lose her simply because she doesn't have enough experience.

I have also been training my reflexes. Although I can react to speeds faster than some planes, putting me on par with some of the top 10, they can still be faster.

I was also practicing with a few new gadgets. I built a capture weapon, similar to Eraserhead but not as strong, a different alloy. I got the basics down when I fought Eraser so now all I'm doing is refining my technique and without him by my side to teach me, progress has been slow.

Rumi stood multiple meters away, training a kick where she jumps up and propels herself down while slamming her foot downwards to give a powerful impact. She used it against me in our first spar and I gave her a few pointers to improve on. I may be stronger than her but I don't want to be caught in the shockwave of it while I'm training. The reason why I'm far away.

After a few hours, she was climbing over me as I carried her, walking over to the café where one of the baristas greets us.

Clara, she's close to our age being around five years older, we both see this girl most of the time we're here and know each other on basic terms.

I set Rumi down on one of the chairs as I go order our regulars. Clara stares at me, already knowing what we want.

"She's done you a lot of good you know." she starts, staring at the almost asleep Rumi, "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much in such a short time. I always thought about coming over and talking to you to hopefully make you day better and give you something to smile about but it seems she beat me to it." She gives a kind smile. "I'm glad she found you."

I stare at Rumi, missing Clara's eyes on me. "I'm glad I met her too. I never got to say thank you, not properly at least. I thought the same thing sometimes, going up to you to talk." I gave her a knowing look as I said that. "I just wish I had a way to pay you back"

What Rumi doesn't know is that Clara knows who I am at night, she helped stitch me up when I was too damaged to help myself, she gave me a place to sleep when I was too tired to get back to the warehouse. This was when I first started so I was messing up a lot more. She always helped and I have no way to pay her back other than meet up with her now and then.

"If you want, you can join me and Rumi for a movie after your shift, although Rumi will probably fall asleep." She lets out a chuckle at that, giving me a smile I've seen so many times.

"That would be nice, thank you."

April 15th 2250

Exam day, the day that I've been waiting for, the day I will be able join UA and hopefully stop another group of villains before they grow too much.

IT didn't take long before I heard a voice, barely a couple meters into the school grounds.

"Deku?"

Deku?

A name I hadn't heard in many years, coming from the one person I should've expected to recognise me.

Taking in his appearance, I couldn't help but wonder,

What's next?