Chapter 45

30th July 2245

"Come on Jakub." My voice is full of desperation. "I can't leave you hear. This isn't how you're story is meant to end." I wrap my arms around him, ignoring his blood. I look down to him, his once fluffy blonde hair was now stained with blood and he was missing one of his horns, his smile remained but held much more sorrow, much more anguish. His usual green uniform was littered with holes as blood leaked from each gash.

"Come on brother, you know what I always say." His eyes start to shut. "My life has not been written. The Stars have no power over me." Tears fall from my eyes. I dig my head into his chest, listening to his faded heartbeat. I reaches his hand up and places something in my hands. I look down to see his broken horn. "Please, kill him for me."

I feel my tears falling freely as I bring my head back to his chest and stay there for a few more seconds until I hear it's beats become slower, more muffled. I lift my head up as I look into his lifeless eyes.

"No." I whisper out. "No, no, no." I lean forward into him as my arms tremble to keep hold of him. "NO! Don't leave me!" I take one last breath before I shout out again.

"Jakub!"

30th July 2250

I heave another breath as I sit up in distress, trying to focus on my surroundings.

5 years. It's been 5 years since I lost him, and I'm still a mess.

I look down to the bed to see Rumi's eyes watching me with concern.

"Sorry for waking you." I mumble out.

"Was it Jakub?" I give her a small nod. I sit on the bed, legs hanging from the side. I feel Rumi press up against my back as I lean my hands up against my forehead.

"Don't worry, it happens every year." I stand up leaving her in the bed. I feel her eyes stay on me as I stand, watching over me like a hawk. "I just need to go for a walk." I look back to her. I grab her hand, rubbing my thumb along the top of her hand. "I'll be back in a few minutes, I promise." I bring her hand up to my face and leave a small kiss.

Once I was out of the dorm building I find a bench, looking over the horizon. The sun has yet to rise but the stars were still awake, shining with their usual brilliance. A small breeze brought a shiver to my spine as I continue to sit, while the mixing aroma of flowers invaded my nose. After waiting for a few minutes someone takes a seat next to me. I look to the side to see a frail man.

"Hey All Might." He looks over to me.

"You can call me Yagi you know." I give a small smile at him. "So what's got you up soo early?" My eyes cast down at the question.

"Five years ago today, I lost my friend. My brother." I see him nod as he recalls what I told him.

"If I remember correctly, the government would fall tomorrow, right?" I give a small nod as he turns back to watch the horizon.

The sun had started to peek, penetrating our eyes with bright lights. I lean back in my seat, taking in the light, while squinting to protect my eyes further.

"When I was there, I never stopped thinking about giving up. Just laying down my sword and going home, maybe live a normal life in some cabin out in the woods, away from civilisation." I see Yagi's eyes look in my direction. "So I must ask. Did you ever think about giving up? That maybe Japan was too far gone?" He looks back to the sun deep in thought.

"Too many to count." I hear him let out a sigh. "But I knew that as long as there were others like me, others that would keep fighting to protect what little peace we have left. Then there is always hope for not only Japan, but the world, to get better." I nod at him. "You just got to keep holding on. That's all it is."