Chapter 29

13th June 2250

"Hi again, Haru." I stare at the tomb ahead of me. "You know, I'm starting to get scared again, and I don't know what I'm going to do." Tears start to fall from my eyes. "I haven't been this scared since you told me your diagnosis, and I feel just as useless then as I do now." I kneel down and place a hand on the top. "I really need you now buddy, the road ahead of me is hard, harder than what I thought it would've been." I let my head hang as I stay deep in thought. A few moments pass before a voice makes itself known.

"Excuse me, who are you?" I lift my head and turn to the source. An older women stood to the side with concerned violet eyes. She had curly purple hair reaching just down her shoulders and some small freckles on her face.

"I'm sorry, I'll be going." I start to stand and leave before she grabs my wrist, stopping me from leaving.

"You don't have to go, I was just wondering who you were. This is my sons grave." She looks down. "I didn't know he had friends, so please stay, talk to me." I look over to her, into her eyes.

"I'm Izuku." I bow slightly before straightening up again. "I only knew Haru when I was younger, but he was like the brother I never had. Always protecting my when I couldn't protect myself." I feel a small sad smile reach my face. "Always protecting my when I felt scared."

"Are you scared now?" She asks concerned, staring me deep in the eyes.

"I'm Terrified. I've never been more terrified. And I've had my fair share of terrifying experiences." I pause for a second, looking back at the tombstone. "I'm quirkless, your son would protect me from bullies twice my size. After he passed, I spent years by myself until I found her. But know she's been taken, and I'm afraid I'll lose her too." I bring my hand up to my face and wipe my tears from my cheek.

"You sound like you really care for her." She pauses for a second. "You know, my son used to always say something when he came home injured. 'No matter how terrified I am, the thought of saving someone will always trump that fear' I always used to fear for his health because of that saying." She lets out a small chuckle.

"He used to say the same thing to me." I feel a small chuckle escape my throat. "Thank you, it was nice talking to you." I start walking away while looking to the sky.

I will save you Rumi, no matter what.

Unknown location.

The room was dim, the only light from nearby screens illuminated the room. In the middle sat Rumi, tied down to a chair.

"You should know that your little boyfriend of yours, Izuku, has taken my interest." A voice comes from the tv as it echoes through the empty room, gathering Rumi's attention. "He makes me curious, to be like him, while quirkless. I doubt anyone noticed but he held himself back during the sports festival, soo much unseen potential. It was probably to keep his secret." Rumi's eyes widen.

"How do you know about that?" She starts to struggle in her restraints.

"That doesn't matter. But you should know, The reason I captured you was to see how he would respond, and I must say, he hasn't disappointed me. He revealed some secrets about his past, about 'the Samurai'. Oh You should've heard the myths that surrounded the so called 'Samurai'. One single man, capable of destroying an army with only a sword, only to disappear after a year in the underground. He's the reason some people are as influential in the underground as they are." Rumi heard him hum before he continued. "I recently found out that he's been in contact with an old friend of mine and I haven't been able to contact him since, I wonder what Horu has done." His voice sound more playful as he talks.