Chapter 39

24th June 2250

"Don't be sorry." She looks up at me. "You deserve to be saved, you deserve to live your life. Not trapped under a man delusional about what used to be. Every human being that was set to save, only wanted to make sure you were safe." I bring my hand up and pat her head slightly. "You will be saved, no matter what." Her eyes start to water up at my words while her arms tighten around me.

"Thank you." She buries her head in my shoulder.

"It's no problem." I smile down to her. "Now then, what do you say about getting out of here?" I feel her nod slightly as I begin to move forward. Before I can take more steps a crack of light appears on the wall. I duck down and use my body to shield the girl. Milliseconds later the wall burst open, allowing light to flood the room. As I cover the girl, a voice booms through the hole.

"I Will take back what you stole!"

21st June 2250

"Izuku, Ururaka, Tsuyu, Kirishima there has been news about a certain work study that includes you all. Follow me." Aizawa commands to us all. We all stand and follow out the room after him, meeting him in the hallway.

"The location of the girl has been found and a raid will be conducted soon." He waits for my classmates to calm down at the news before continuing. "Knowing the league is involved has made me question whether you should joins this case. So as a last chance, if you wish to leave, say so now." I look to my friends and watch as they shake their heads.

"After all this time." Kirishima starts as he bangs his fists together. "You really think I'm just gonna give up on that girl? There's no way!" His usual energy had been fading since the briefing, but hearing the news has put his usual spirit has returned. His gleaming smile brought a small one to my own face.

"Even if I took you off the case, I feel like you'd do something stupid anyway." Aizawa shakes his head at the thought. "Anyway, I've been told the raid will be either tomorrow or the day after. The search warrant took more time than planned so it should be finished tomorrow." I nod at the news.

I won't let you go this time Eri, not again.

Later that day.

The sun was beginning to set on the horizon. I laid on my bed, watching the colours bounce off the wall as Rumi laid next to me with my arm wrapped around her shoulder. Using her smaller size, she wrapped her body against my torso. With her by my side, I couldn't help but think about what I used to be like, without her. After years alone, I never counted on being happy. Every year that passed I was beginning to lose myself, lose my motivation to get up and continue fighting. Then she came along. My desire to protect had risen to the moon and back.

"Is everything alright?" I look down to see her eyes curiously staring up at mine. "You seem more tense." I let out a small sigh.

"I'm joining a raid to save this little girl, her name is Eri." She starts to run her hand along my chest. "I failed her. I sent her back to get her tortured simply because I couldn't risk letting anyone else get hurt. I... I-" I'm cut off before I can continue.

"You haven't failed her." Her eyes harden as she stares into me. "If you failed her, you wouldn't have joined this raid. Stop thinking you've done the wrong thing." She lets out a small huff of air. "You are the strongest person I know, you'll definitely save her this time." I feel a loving smile enter my face.

I really fell for her, and I am still falling.

22nd June 2250

I send a quick nod to eraser and watch as the police break down the door. As the ram was about to make contact the door exploded outwards, pushing the officers back. Both me and Eraser spring into action and catch two each and place them away from the entrance. A large villain comes rampaging out what used to be a door and goes for the closest person to him. A claw intercepts him, stopping his advance and pushing him to the side.