Chapter 42

"Izuku!"

A voice calls out to me.

"Izuku!" It calls out again. "Where are you?!"

I turn my head to the voice, watching as a pillar fell to the ground making the floor rumble.

"Izuku!" The voice gets closer. I move forward and kneel down, wrapping my arms around Rappa. I let out a grunt as I lift him up onto my shoulders.

The fire continues to blaze around me, causing sweat to start falling down my forehead. I hear footsteps start to approach before someone flies around the corner to reveal a skinny man with long blonde hair. My eyes turn confused as I stare into his blue eyes.

"All Might?" Confusion laces my voice. "What are you doing here?" I walk over to him and begin to follow him to the exit.

"Why are you shirtless?" I see him shake his head. "It doesn't matter, I was here for a regular check up. I would usually be with Recovery girl but she said she was busy. Running some tests or something." He brings his hand to his chin. "Anyway, when I heard Aizawa calling out your name, I feared you had gotten stuck. Guess I got ahead of myself." He scratches the back of his head sheepishly, while a stupid grin stretches across his face. I let off a small smirk at him.

"Thanks for the worry." I hear the wall start to creak again. "We should move, it won't be long before this place collapse." I turn to All Might and motion for him to start running. I follow closely behind him and reach into my belt, pulling out a round device. We turn around a corner and find our passage blocked further ahead. I see him start to slow down before I shout to him.

"Keep running! And cover your ears!" He looks over to me in confusion before bringing his hands to his ears and starts running toward the barricade. I prepare my arm and throw the device at the blockade, while moving to cover my ears, and the moment it made contact a pulse was sent through it, pushing it backwards and making an exit.

We soon reach the stairs and find some of the wall had collapsed, obstructing the stairway.

"Can you throw another device at it?" He looks over at me expectantly. I shake my head.

"It's too thick, it wouldn't budge if I tried." I look around and watch as the fire dances around us. I see it reach the window and watch as it starts to crack. "I have an idea." I move to the glass and look through it and once I saw no one was beneath us prepare my elbow. I move it forward, slamming it into the window. The glass shatters outside, the noise gathering some bystanders. I swipe along the bottom edge, getting rid of any glass.

I motion for All Might to move closer, grabbing his arm. I move to stand on the edge of the window, my body hanging outside the building.  I pull All Might up with me and prepare myself.

I keep one arm on Rappa so he doesn't fall off and jump over to the side, grabbing onto some piping. I reach my arm out to All Might after making sure Rappa wouldn't fall and motion for him to jump.

I see him close his eyes slightly before moving back slightly and leaping towards me. My eyes widen as he falls short slightly. I slide down the pipe and reach my arm out to him.

As I reach out, I feel Rappa begin to slip. I look down for a split second. He wouldn't survive.

Think Izuku. How can I do this?

I continue to reach for All Might, keeping one arm on the pipe. I grip his forearm and quickly pull him towards the pipe. All Might see Rappa falling off and moves to grab his shoulder, just missing the fabric. I let go of the pipe and fall back with Rappa, watching as All Moghts eyes widen. As I fall I wrap my legs as tightly as I could and grip onto Rappa's hand with my right. I hear the crowd gasp at our predicament. As I grab him the momentum continues through me, making my back slam onto the wall. I feel my grip loosen as I grunt at the pain.