Chapter 14

I met up with Rumi, giving her a short kiss, embracing her in my arms.

"How you doing? I haven't had time to talk to you since lunch." I ask, Rumi had just finished her fight with Shiozaki. Obviously Rumi won but it was long and it tired her out.

"I just need some rest. Don't worry when it's out match you'll be tasting the floor." She lets a giggle at her own words.

I let out a soft chuckle and let her leave to the waiting room to rest before our match.

As I walk towards my waiting room I walk past someone. Endeavour. His large size causing me to move to the side.

"You are the one to beat my son, correct?" I nod. "That was an excellent fight, and I'm glad you finally got him to use my flames, it would seem he has finally ended his rebellious phase and has moved on."

"Tell me, what is your sons name?" I wait for his response.

"Shoto." Before he can accuse me of forgetting I cut in.

"Exactly, not Endeavour, not Enji." His eyes narrow. "He is his own person with his own ideals and if you continue the path your walking on, you'll lose another child to your negligence and desire to be number one."

I walk away not wanting to hear him talk and once I reach the waiting room I let out a sigh and gather my energy for the next battle.

"Can Izuku and Usagiyama please make their way to the arena."

I take one more deep breath before standing up and walking towards the arena.

As I walk up the stairs I remember training with Rumi. How we would help each other, how we would spar with each other, how we knew every move we could perform.

This was the reason we split up for training the last two weeks and I can't wait to see what she has come up with. My chest bubbles with excitement, wondering exactly how far she has come without me.

As I walk up the stairs I lock eyes with Rumi across the arena, both of us holding smiles.

"Are both contestants ready?"

Once we both nod midnight shout begin and we sprint towards each other.

She starts with a round house kick, which I slide under while grabbing her grounded leg and pull from underneath her. Once she's on the ground she tries kicking me but I dodge to the side before grabbing her extended leg and dragging her, trying to throw her out of bounds.

In the air she stabilises and lands before she crosses out of bounds. She starts sprinting towards me again and kicks up a piece of concrete. She broke the ground into several smaller pieces and started kicking them like a Gatling gun.

I duck down to dodge and push myself forwards and up, dodging another. I kept gaining on her while she keeps shooting at me before running out of ammo. I soon reach her and she throws a hook which I block and jam my elbow into her stomach, knocking the air out of her. I send a quick uppercut to her jaw, lifting her in the air and spin to prepare a kick which sends her a few meters.

She gets up holding her side, the same grin of excitement she gets when fighting. I start running at her and deliver a jab which is blocked to the side but left her open which I noticed and gave a swift kick to her ribs sending her flying again. This goes on for another few minutes, her running at me either trying to use her strong legs or quick arms to get a hit before I send her back a few meters.

Although this time, she can't stabilise mid air and lands roughly on the ground. She gets up again with a softer smile on her face.

"I know I might not stand a chance against you, but this feeling I get when fighting you, I never want it to stop." She smiles brighter towards me. "I think I only have enough energy to perform my strongest technique."