Chapter 16

May 17th 2250

"Welcome back everybody, I hope you have enjoyed your rest." Aizawa greets the class. "Today you will do something that determines your hero career." The class began to get anxious, the thought about something so important setting them on edge. "You'll be picking out hero names!" Aizawa gave another one of his shit-eating grin, happy to scare the class.

Everyone let out a sigh and started cheering before Aizawa gave a glare, his quirk making his eyes glow menacingly, which scared everyone back into their seats. I let out a silent chuckle at the classes antics and start thinking of a name.

"Since I'm no good at this kind of stuff, we'll be having a guest to help pick out your names and approve them." Aizawa lets out a sigh, probably remembering how his name was chosen.

"I hope your ready boys." Midnight comes strolling through the door getting most the boys to blush while Mineta starts having a nosebleed, much like how he got one at the festival. I simply stare as I feel Rumi's gaze on me.

I feel a smirk on my lips and turn towards Rumi and mouth 'you'd look better in it.' She blushes and turns back towards the board causing me to laugh which gathers some attention from classmates.

"I will be helping approve your hero names. You will write down the name on the whiteboard and present it to the class, then I will either approve it or you'll get denied." Throughout the talk midnight was posing to show off her.... Assets, which caused Rumi to stare at me jealous again.

I was still thinking of a name until Aoyama had walked up to the front and announced his name to the class.

"I cannot stop twinkling." Everyone stares in disbelief as midnight approves it, only changing 'cannot' to 'can't'. Next it was Ashido, who started to walk up and present.

"Alien queen!" Everyone thought it was a good name until Midnight disapproved it, saying it was too scary.

Tsu walked up next and showed her board and said 'Froppy.' Everyone mentally thanked her for the normal name and carried on presenting their names.

Everyone got their turn to present their name but I was still stuck, I couldn't go with Horu, it's my vigilante name and I'd prefer if the class didn't know who I was. Rumi had chosen 'Mirko' and even Katsuki had a good name 'Ground Zero'.

I thought and thought until something came to mind. I stood up and presented my name 'Daikokuten' the god of Darkness or blackness.

"I plan to become an underground hero, like mister Aizawa, so what better than be named after the god of darkness, Daikokuten." Midnight looks pleased and says,

"I love it, the meaning behind it is great. I approve!" I move back to my seat and wait for class to be over and Aizawa goes to the chalkboard and talks.

"Next week you will be going on internships, the sports festival was a way to advertise yourself and the pros could send an invitation for an internship over the last week. The numbers have been more spread out in other years but it's more focused on the main winners." On the board a hologram appears and presents the amount of student with invitations and how many each got.

I was at the top with 3687 with Rumi at second with 3207 and Katsuki in fourth at 2502. Shoto was third with 2905.

It's too bad I was already going with Aizawa because I would have looked through them with more care. Only a few names took any interest in me, which was Edgeshot and Gang Orca.

I focus on Rumi and ask her who she'll work with and she responds with the kangaroo hero: Hops. Since she focuses her attacks around her legs and so does Hops she thinks she'll learn something which I agree.