2

The clinking of plates woke up the irritated princess, who only wanted to sleep in a little more.

She sat up and looked towards the small table in her room.

The head servant, Fran, was placing her breakfast onto the table with books already set up by the tray.

Hazel almost felt like crying, remembering that she can't abandon her royal duties.

Since she was a child, she was taking classes to prepare her for the throne. At first, she loved them. But later on, it was starting to become tiring.

Now that she's older, she's expected to continue her studies individually every single morning, even if she already knew everything there is to know.

"Good morning your majesty." The maid greeted politely as she moved to open the long curtains, letting sunlight break into the room.

Hazel squinted her eyes as she tried to focus her vision.

"Morning." She whispered as she rolled her neck and slowly threw her legs over the side of the bed, where her warm slippers were waiting.

"I will head out. I'll be out there if you need me." Fran said politely as she opened the door.

"Wait!"

She looked at the princess in slight surprise, not expecting her to be so vocal early in the morning.

Hazel's eyes went back and forth as she debated whether to ask what was on her mind.

Hazel gestured for her to come inside, making Fran close the door again and walk closer to the ends of the bed.

"So... that tailor. Jay, was it?" She pretended not to know as she shook her head in fake thought.

Fran raised her eyebrows and contained a smile as she placed her arms behind her back.

"Since when has he been around?" The princess questioned seriously as she held her hands together.

"Jay started working for your father a few weeks ago."

"How come I've never met him?"

"You're always busy your highness. And he works on the other side of the castle."

The princess nodded her slowly as if taking it all in.

"I like his work." She nonchalantly said as she stood up, fixing her nightgown.

"Many people do. He's pretty famous with the ladies in the castle."

Hazel turned her head in a snap towards the maid who was trying hard not to smile at the way the princess seemed so invested in the details.

"What do you mean?" The princess reluctantly asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"He's very handsome."

"Do you know how old he is?" Hazel questioned as she found herself slowly seated on the bed again, blinded by her intrigue.

"He might be 20."

"Does he only work for father?"

"Yes. He's mainly in the castle for a couple of hours in the day."

The princess looked down at her fluffy slippers as she bit her lip softly.

"Does he.. have a girlfriend?"

Fran smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I'm not sure. I can let him know that you asked-"

"No!" She hurriedly said as she waved her hands in the air. "I- I mean... that's a personal question."

"May I ask why you want to know?"