9

"Jay! Can I tell you the new word I learned?!" Eli quickly said as he once again clung onto Jay's leg.

Jay tried to walk inside his bedroom after taking a bath and helping Eli take his.

"Sure Eli. What's the other word you learned?" Jay asked sarcastically as he had said this sentence more than four times already.

"Conspiculous."

"Conspicuous Eli."

"What you said. It means to be arrogant." Eli said as he threw himself on Jay's bed.

Jay let out a laugh as he shook his head in amusement.

He placed a towel over Eli's head as he dried his hair softly.

"No Eli, it means obvious or attention grabbing."

"How do you know that?" Eli sassed as his head was being moved around by Jay's hands in his hair.

"Because I'm 20."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Jay shook his head with a smile as he pulled away from Eli, moving out of the room to check on Jane.

"Jane?" He softly knocked on the door.

"Yeah?"

Jay opened the door, seeing Jane sitting by the desk with an ink pen.

"What are you working on?"

"I'm studying."

"What are you studying?" He asked gently as he walked closer to her, looking over her shoulder.

"Everything." She cheesed as she continued her reading.

Jay smiled softly as he stared at his smart sister.

"How do you say this word?" She asked quietly as she pointed at a part in her book.

"Perceptible." Jay read out, to which his sister nodded her head. "It means able to be seen. Kind of like conspicuous."

The little girl slowly nodded her head in understanding as she wet her pen in ink and copied down the word with the definition her brother gave her.

"Why do you like to study so much?"

"I want to be as cool as princess Hazel." She smiled as she continued on her reading.

Jay raised his eyebrows in slight shock as the name of the princess was suddenly mentioned.

"She is pretty cool, isn't she?" He mumbled under his breath to which his sister looked up at him.

"You like her!" Eli suddenly teased as he ran into the room.

"Eli, please be quiet for once." Jay sighed as he shook his head.

Eli only smirked as he climbed onto the bed and sat under the covers.

*****

"There is an event planned for 3 o'clock tonight with the young ladies of the lords." Fran reminded the princess to which she resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"I thought that event was cancelled."

"His highness rescheduled it for today."

Hazel sighed as she was placed in a dress she had not worn before.

The event that was being held was a necessary event every year. At least for her father, it was.

All the daughters of lords, kings and queens, which weren't much considering the only three royal families were the Maignes (who they were currently in war with), Fornier (who only had a son) and the Alba's (who are the princess' family).