19

Jay nodded off for a second, but he was startled awake by a sound coming from the princess' bedroom.

"Psst!" Jay heard someone call to him from across the room, making him look up at Taeyong.

"I don't understand why they gave me this position." Taeyong complained quietly as he shook his head, making Jay raise his eyebrows.

"It means you're trustworthy to the king. You should be flattered."

Taeyong shook his head in amusement at the way Jay was smirking.

"I would much rather be at the cathouse tonight." Taeyong smirked making Jay furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

"Cathouse?"

"Seriously man?"

Jay shrugged his shoulders as he didn't know what he was talking about, making Taeyong shake his head.

"The brothel. They have a special tonight. There's dancing."

Jay's mouth formed an 'o' as he finally understood what he meant. He nodded his head as he felt his cheeks flush.

His eyes went everywhere but Taeyong's, as he tried to think of something to say.

His eyebrows suddenly raised as he realized something very important.

"Hey." Jay called out in a whisper, making Taeyong look at him. "I can cover for you."

"Huh?"

"I can cover for you." Jay repeated slowly as he gestured towards the door.

Taeyong stared at him in suspicion as he found it weird that Jay was suggesting that he would save him if he got caught sneaking out.

"What are you trying to do?"

"Nothing. I just think they wouldn't notice if you left. Of course, you have to come back before the maids get here in the morning."

Taeyong tilted his head as he narrowed his eyes at Jay, but suddenly his expression turned into a smirk.

"It's the princess, isn't it?"

Jay's eyes widened for a second, but he kept his composure, or so he thought.

"What about the princess?"

"I saw how you were looking at her earlier. What are you going to do to her?"

"Nothing. There's no way I'd hurt the princess or do anything to the princess." Jay scrunched up his nose in disgust as he shook his head.

"I don't think it'd be hurt that she won't want. It's plain to see that you've been getting some royal goodies." Taeyong, the pervert, which is what Jay was going to call him from now on, smirked as he pursed his lips.

"Are you insane?" Jay interrupted in a hurry with red ears.

"No. Are you? The princess and you were obviously gaping at each other."

"Was it that obvious?"

"It was obvious to me. I'm the love master." Taeyong nodded his head as he walked away from the prince's door.

"I mean, there's nothing going on between me and the princess." Jay shook his head as he looked at Taeyong. "Where are you going?" He asked quietly as he watched Taeyong softly open the front door.

"Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours." He winked as he closed the door.

****

The princess sat up in a hurry at the sound of a soft knock on her door.