37

"Here you go, your highness. What do you think?" Hazel asked as she passed a paper to Jay over the table.

He skimmed over it with his round rimmed glasses as he raised his eyebrows in approval.

"It's great, your majesty." He responded with a small smile. "I would suggest more detail on the bottom but other than that you're doing great."

Hazel smirked as she grabbed the paper again, looking at her designed dress.

It had been a couple of years since their wedding and Jay's coronation. The headquarters were renewed as now they were a bigger group with Jane and Eli moving in as well.

The queen was having new experiences living with more people.

And the king had easily adjusted to his position. Governing wasn't as hard as it seemed, at least not for him.

Although he didn't really have to, he chose to lift some of the burden off Hazel by helping her out.

He was already good at corporate decisions, and he was a very good middle ground for the queen's harsh rulings.

The queen was impulsive, while the king was detail oriented, so making decisions together was always a bliss.

Hazel stood from her chair as she walked over to Jay, who was staring down at a proposal from the committee.

He didn't even notice until the queen took the paper out of his hands and sat on his lap.

He watched her as she placed it down on the table and then took off his glasses.

"You're going to go blind if you keep reading so diligently, your highness." She joked as she placed her arms around his neck.

"I'm a dedicated person, queen Hazel."

Jay smiled at her as he placed his hands on her waist.

She kissed him deeply as she let out a small sigh of content at the feel of his hands around her.

She softly bit his bottom lip making him moan slightly.

"When is this honeymoon phase going to be over?" Fran asked as she once again walked into something she shouldn't have.

The two separated from each other in a hurry. The princess did so, so quickly, that she bumped her hip bone against the table, making her wince.

"Ow." She whispered.

Jay let out a small chuckle as he pulled her closer, softly caressing the spot she hit herself on.

"I see it never ends." Fran shook her head as she wheeled in dinner.

"Have you seen my children?" Jay joked as he watched the princess sit down again.

"Jane is with Prince Niki's sister and Eli is in the library."

"Eli's in the library?" Jay asked with raised eyebrows.

"He's in the library, yes. He said he wants to be a smart surgeon now."

The princess chuckled at the mention of Eli's 30th change in career.

"He doesn't want to be like you anymore. He's grown up."

"Jane still wants to be like you."

"I don't think that's a very good idea." Hazel shook her head as she walked towards the dinner table.

"Why not?" Jay said as he followed her.

"I'm apparently harder to manage than a country." She rolled her eyes making Jay smile.