10

"I'm not inviting you just because you called me cool or anything like that." The princess said as she sat next to the young girl, waiting for their time to leave to arrive.

Jane giggled as she watched the princess awkwardly shake her head.

"May I know why, your highness?"

"Well, someone told me that you wanted to know what being a princess is like." Hazel said seriously as she held her hands against her lap.

Jane's eyes brightened as she realized that she was going to be treated like a real-life princess for the day.

"It's more tiring than it seems and I'm not sure if you'd want to be a princess after today." Hazel warned as she raised her eyebrows at the child, who only smiled.

"I'll do everything you ask me to, your highness."

"We're at the same level today. You can call me princess Hazel, and I will call you princess Jane. Does that sound okay?"

"Yes." Jane said excitedly as she swung her legs.

"First off, I've got to teach you the basics." Hazel started as she straightened her posture, gesturing for the young girl to do the same.

Jane followed what Hazel was doing as she watched her from the side of her eye.

"It is always important to look strong and elegant." Hazel softly whispered as she lifted Jane's chin just a little.

Hazel placed her legs together, making her hands sit gently one on top of the other.  "That way, you truly look like a princess."

Jane smiled excitedly as she got a thumbs up from Hazel.

It was amusing how Hazel seemed to be taking it so seriously, but Jane thought it was the most fun thing in the world. She gets to play the best role for the entire day.

"Now that's just the basics. When you speak, you speak strong, but with poise." Hazel demonstrated in that sentence.

"What does poise mean?" Jane asked cutely as she watched Hazel turn her head towards her.

"Poise means elegance."

Jane nodded her head as she looked down at the ground for a second.

"Like this?" She playfully mocked Hazel's tone making her smile.

"No. That is how your brother speaks, not me."

Jane raised her eyebrow as she smirked softly.

"I'm sure you know that very well."

Hazel's eyes widened slightly and she was about to say something, but someone interrupted.

"Princesses, your carriage has arrived." Jay knocked on the door softly as he smiled at the sight of them. "Princess Jane, you are looking stunning this evening."

"Thank you, Mr. Big brother." Jane learned pretty quickly as her tone was filled with elegance.

Hazel had a little smile on her face as she stood up, adjusting her dress. Jane followed what she did, and even copied her stance.

"What do you think about princess Hazel, Mr. Big brother? Doesn't she look stunning as well?" Jane smirked as she watched her brother's eyes move to the princess.

"You look stunning this evening, princess Hazel." He softly said as he gave her a grin.

"Thank you, Jay." The princess said appreciatively as she walked ahead. Jane followed right down her footsteps in her beautiful gown.