27

The princess let out a sigh as she sunk into the hot water.

This was her favorite part of the day.

After dinner, she would sit in her bath for a 15-to-20-minute bath where she would just close her eyes and relax.

While she sat there, she would think about her life. The things that made her sad, the things that made her happy, and the possible solutions to make the sad things happy.

It was quite a long process for her, but it helped her organize her thoughts.

She closed her eyes as she laid her head back onto the bath pillow.

The door to the bathroom opened and she let out a small sigh.

"Fran, why are you-"

Her eyes widened in a hurry as she found a hand around her neck.

Wilson stood over her as he had wrapped his hand tightly around her neck.

She heaved as she stared at the prince in shock, clawing at his hand to get it off of her.

Hazel's eyes filled with tears as she couldn't scream, scratching at Wilson's arm, managing to draw blood.

"You think I don't know what you've been doing?" Wilson asked through gritted teeth as he gripped her tighter, closing her airways little by little.

"What-" She croaked out as tears fell down her cheeks.

"You've been messing around with that tailor Hazel. You think I'm stupid, don't you?" He harshly whispered into her ear, letting her go.

Hazel tried to catch her breath as she gripped her throat.

Her coughs were loud as the king stepped away from her with a scowl.

"I'm not stupid Hazel. Don't treat me like I am. If I found out that you've given yourself to him, I will kill you both. Do you understand?" He threatened quietly making the princess glare at him.

He moved closer to her making the princess grip the sides of the bath.

He tightly grabbed her hair, making her let out a yelp.

"Do you, understand?"

Hazel lifted her hand out of the water as she flipped him off.

The prince angrily let go of her hair, making her almost hit her head against the tub.

She watched him walk out of the bathroom with tears in her eyes as she tried to process what the hell had just happened.

****

Jay watched the princess as she bit into a muffin.

Her hair was down and her sleeping gown was on as she sat on the common room couch.

Fran and Seri stood by the corner as they waited for her to be done eating.

She was slower than usual and it was starting to become suspicious to both of the maids and Jay.

The princess was never that slow of an eater.

After she had come out of the bathroom, she was more quiet than usual.

Normally, she would order for her slippers to be placed near her bed or for anything similar to letting her know her schedule for the next day. But today she had walked out of the bedroom and sat in the common room without a word.

"Your highness, would you like another glass of milk?" Fran asked Hazel, who looked up at her and then down at her glass which was halfway.

She shook her head and continued chewing slowly as she crossed her legs.