14

The room was rumbling with guests as they waited eagerly for the ceremony to start.

Fran sat with Jane and Eli on the seats close to the altar.

Prince Wilson had already made his entrance along with his group of best men.

He had stood at the sides of the altar as he impatiently waited for the arrival of the bride.

The king of Hampton and his queen sat on their thrones on the side, while the queen of Alba sat patiently in her own.

The decorations in the room were immaculate as the hard work of seven months was placed all in the ceremony.

This was an important day for everyone in the castle, including all the servants, who had worked hard to have the ceremony be perfect.

In another perspective, the princess stood outside of the doors, her hand was shaking as her veil was being fixed over her face.

Her father watched her in admiration as he thought the princess was looking beautiful.

The king never saw anything wrong with the ceremony, he never thought the princess was unhappy and he never noticed anything out of place.

Jay on the other hand, stared at the princess from behind the king, as he tried not to focus on the frown on her face.

Since he was the princess' personal guard, he had to be there at all times, which is something that for the first time ever, he didn't want to do.

He noticed a small crease at the end of her sleeve, and he looked over at the king.

"May I?"

The king looked at Jay, who gestured towards the dress.

He nodded his head as he watched Jay walk towards the princess, softly turning the sleeve to the right place.

"There we go." He whispered to himself as he stepped away from her, catching her glance for a quick second.

Hazel stared at him as she tried not to cry.

It wasn't just because she wanted to be with Jay.

Hazel knew that once she married Wilson, there was no going back. That if she became his queen, she would be miserable for the rest of her life.

She felt like she was willingly signing up for a torture chamber.

"Father,  I-"

"You look beautiful Hazel, don't worry."

Her father placed her hand around his arm as the doors started opening without a warning.

The loud nuptial march played on the organ, booming through her ears in a matter of seconds.

Jay stayed behind as he watched the shaking princess be walked down the aisle.

Jane searched around for her brother as she sat up in the chair.

Her eyes found him and she frowned.

"He looks like a sad puppy again." Eli whispered from next to her as he stared at Jay as well.

Jay's gaze was pained as he stared intently.

Jane looked to her side at the seat that was saved for him, and tried to catch his attention.

Jay's eyes met his sister's frantic ones and he moved around the room to the seat they had placed in between them.

Once he reached them, he sat down quietly as he crossed his arms over his chest.