7

"Live at the castle young princess? I believe you haven't thought this through."  Fran panicked as they waited in the carriage outside of Jay's house.

"I believe there is no need to think it through." The princess said as she shrugged her shoulders unknowingly.

"What will the king and queen say? You haven't discussed any of this with them."

"There's plenty of rooms in our castle, he wouldn't mind a select few of them being occupied. I'm sure mother and father will understand." The princess nodded her head as she watched Jay walk outside with a few things.

"Hopefully they do, young princess."

*****

"You moved Jay and his siblings into the castle?" Her mother asked as she raised her eyebrows.

"Yes mother."

"Why?! Do you know how insane your father is going to go?"

"Jay needed an excuse to be able to stay with his siblings and take care of them. I thought that if he worked for me in the castle as a guard, he could live here and not have to enlist." Hazel stated as she tilted her head.

She thought it was a pretty good plan.

Her mother looked at her for just a second as she considered the facts.

"Alright. It makes sense why you did it. But you're the one explaining this to your father."

******

"Woah! Jay, look at this bed, it's huge! Isn't it?"

"Jane, don't jump on there, it's not ours." Jay corrected as he walked into the room she was talking about.

They were brought to an entire headquarter.

It was almost a small apartment, with two bedrooms.

Jay didn't even know a place like this one existed other than the king's and the princess'.

"Well, it is. You live here now." Fran smiled as she watched the kids excitedly run about, looking at everything in awe. "The princess requested for me to bring you or give you anything you might need. So I'm here, at your service."

"You don't have to Fran."

"If the princess says so, I do. I don't mind doing this either."

Jay hesitantly smiled at her as he looked around.

"Why is she doing this for us?" Jay couldn't help but ask as he wondered what exactly the princess was trying to do.

Jay was still oblivious to the fact that she doesn't see him as just a servant or a tailor.

Fran smirked as she stood next to him.

"Oh I don't know Jay. Maybe she's like every young maid in this castle."

"What does that mean?" He asked softly as he raised his eyebrows in confusion.

Fran almost scoffed at the way he wasn't noticing.

"Fran can I know where Jay is? He said he likes chocolate cake so I baked him one.'" She mocked one of the maids as she narrowed her eyes.

Jay's eyes widened in realization but then he shook his head in quick dismissal.

"Oh. No. The princess isn't like that. I'm sure she's just being nice."

"Is she ever just nice?!"

"Yes, actually, she is."

Fran laughed as she shook her head, turning around and walking towards the door.