29

"Eli!" Jane whined as Eli let out a loud laugh after destroying her puzzle. "You're so dead!"

Jane chased after him as they ran around the entire home with Eli having no intentions of stopping.

"You better fix it!"

"I won't."

"What is going on here?!" Jay exclaimed as he walked through the doors with a finger to his ear.

The kids noticed his presence and practically ran towards him, talking at once.

"One at a time please!"

"Eli wrecked my puzzle and I worked so hard on it!" Jane cried as she pointed to the puzzle pieces that were scattered about the table and the ground.

"I did not!" Eli said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Jay raised his eyebrows at Eli as he refused to look at Jay. Eli had his eyes on the door as he blinked rapidly.

It was almost amusing to Jay, how he can so easily tell when one of them is lying.

"I'm sure you know you can't do that Eli."

"But she was being-"

"You're grounded. No garden and no toys for a week." Jay stated as he took off his jacket, hanging it on the rack.

"You can't do that!"

"Watch how you speak to me Eli." Jay said sternly, making the little boy get tears in his eyes. "Now go help your sister clean up the mess that you did."

Eli slouched to the table as tears silently fell down his cheeks.

The room was silent as Jay laid down on the couch with a tired sigh.

His eyes were on the ceiling as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Would you be my king if I asked?"

Jay furrowed his eyebrows as he crossed his arms.

Would I? Why am I even thinking about this so thoroughly?! I want to be with her. If I could I'd be with her every second of the day.

But being a king is a huge responsibility.

Am I even fit to be king? I'm a tailor for God's sake!

"Jay? I want to see the princess- I mean the queen." Jane said softly as she tapped his arm, making him break out of his trance.

"I think the queen has a couple of things to do today, but I can take you with me for a bit before my shift starts." He said softly as he ruffled her hair.

"Are you guys still together?"

Jay smiled softly as he pulled her next to him.

"Somewhat."

Jane hummed as a response as she watched Jay look back up to the ceiling.

****

Hazel brushed her hair in front of the vanity as Wilson walked about the room searching for God knows what.

"Have you seen the document?"

"What document?"

"A document that I just had signed today, where is it?"

Hazel furrowed her eyebrows as she turned to look at him.

"I thought you were supposed to keep all of those in your safe."

Wilson stopped searching as he glared at her.

"But I didn't with this one." He sneered as he rolled his eyes.