32

"There should be about three guards at these doors, they stay there overnight." The princess informed the men as she pointed at one of the circled spots.

They all nodded their heads as they listened attentively.

"This area right here is huge. There are never any guards there and I can quickly find my way through, that's the easiest spot to enter the castle." She pointed at the other one as she looked up for confirmation. "And right here is where we need to go. We can get there directly through both of these places."

"What's the X?" Someone asked making the princess turn to look at Niki.

"I know someone's tactics aren't very ethical, so this is the one place I want no hands in. No one, and I repeat, no one, goes inside this room." She said sternly making Niki raise his hands in defense.

"What are you hiding in there? Your witchcraft tools?"

Hazel rolled her eyes as she turned to the other men.

"Are we clear?"

"Clear, your highness."

*****

Hazel quietly led Niki down the passageway as they both kept their eyes and ears sharp.

The princess was already used to this area, and it wasn't very hard to get to where she needed to from there.

"Are you sure you're leading us the right way?" Niki whispered making the princess glare at him.

"This is not the time for this." She whispered harshly as she continued walking ahead.

Niki mocked the princess once again as he continued to follow her.

The princess turned her head forward again, but she stopped in her tracks with wide eyes.

"Ghost!" The little boy screamed making the princess shush him in a hurry.

His eyes were wide as the princess placed her hand over his mouth.

"Shh. I need you to stay quiet Eli." She said softly as she kneeled down.

Niki scrunched up his nose as he stared at the little boy, who was sure to snitch.

Eli stared at her as the princess gave him a smile.

"Are you here to haunt me because I lied to you?" He asked quietly, making the princess almost chuckle.

"No, Eli. I'm not a ghost. I'm real." She whispered as she stared at the boy's features.

He had significantly grown taller, and his hair was longer. His features had matured but only a little, and his resemblance to Jay was now even more exaggerated.

Eli suddenly wrapped his arms around the princess as he hugged her tightly.

"That's so cool that you're back." He said softly as he felt his eyes fill with tears.

Hazel hugged him back for the first time as she patted the back of his head.

"I'm sure this is a very wholesome reunion, but we need to keep going." Niki said with raised eyebrows.

"I can't wait to tell Jane, and Fran, and Jay! When he finds out he's going to cry like a velociraptor."

"How do you know what a velociraptor sounds like?"

"I don't know, but I'll figure it out." Eli said quickly.

"Don't tell anyone. You go straight to your family, okay? I need you to tell Jane, Jay, and Fran to stay in your headquarters for as long as they can. Do you understand?" She said softly to which the little boy nodded his head.