31

"Do it again."

"I did."

"No, you did not. I didn't see you do it."

"Well, I did!

"Shh, she's waking up."

Hazel opened her eyes softly as she narrowed her eyes at the light.

Her eyes focused slowly as she sat up, looking around the room.

"How are you feeling, your highness?" A man asked softly as he stared at her.

"I'm feeling well. Who are you?" She questioned quietly as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm a doctor."

The queen looked around the room again as she saw a guy sitting in the corner of the room.

"You're the prince of Maignes." She exclaimed as she pointed her finger. "If this is your attempt at a kidnapping, I won't hesitate to have your body disfigured-"

"I'm sorry, 'your highness'. But I believe that is not what I'm going for." The prince said as he rolled his eyes, standing. "Let's make it clear, shall we? We, found you. In our side of the woods."

The princess looked at him in confusion as she shook her head.

"The woods?"

"The woods?" He mocked, rolling his eyes at the princess.

"Niki don't be rude to our guest." The older man said as he stared at the guy in disappointment.

"Why would I be in the woods?" She asked as she looked down at her hands.

"We thought you were dead. Then we saw you were breathing and I decided to bring you with us, for treatment. You seem to have been poisoned." The man informed as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Poisoned?" Hazel whispered to herself as she tried to think back to what happened before she woke up.

Wilson... He-

The princess closed her eyes tightly as she scrunched up her nose in disgust. She felt like falling to the floor in tears as remembering what Wilson had done to her made her skin crawl.

"He tried to poison me?" She angrily whispered to herself as she removed the blanket from her legs.

"Woah." Niki said as he stopped her from moving. "You can't move too much just yet."

"Yes, he's right. You have been in this state for a couple of months. Well, more like years. You need to have some rest before you do anything."

"Years?! What about the castle?"

"Everyone in your village believes you're dead."

"And you knew this misconception?"

"Yes, but we can't approach Alba in any way, especially during the ends of the war." Niki said as he sat down again, crossing one leg over the other.

The princess looked down at her hands as tears fell down her cheeks.

Her father, her mother, Fran, Jane, Eli and... Jay.

They all must think the princess is in an unreachable place now.

All because of Wilson.

He knew I would get rid of him... So he tried to get rid of me first..

*****

The princess quietly ate as she tried to disregard the fact that she was sitting on a chair with no cushion.