23

The princess walked along with the two kids holding her hands.

Jay walked behind them with a small smile as he watched them.

The two kids hanging from her were excitedly talking about the other places in the castle that they visited as the princess only nodded her head, trying to keep up with what each of them were saying.

"Can I use your library if I want, your highness?" Jane asked softly as she pulled on her arm to catch her attention.

"Of course you can, princess Jane. Whenever you want, just let Fran or Jay know."

"My brother was sleep talking once and he called your name." Eli suddenly said as he smirked up at the princess.

Jay's attention was derived from the cuteness of the moment to the obnoxiousness of his brother.

"Really?" The princess dragged out, looking behind her to Jay with a small smile. "What did he say?"

"He said 'Hazel, you're beautiful.' That's what he said. I was there." Jane pretended she was Jay as she raised her eyebrows with a smirk.

Hazel looked behind her to Jay, who shook his head.

"I didn't say that."

"How would you know? You were sleeping." Eli said sassily as he crossed his arms.

"Because I know what I say." Jay said quickly as he glared at his brother.

Eli smiled brightly as he skipped ahead of the princess into her headquarters, Jane walking straight behind him.

The princess chuckled as she turned to look at Jay.

"So you dream about me."

"Sometimes."

"What are your dreams about?"

He looked away from her for a second as he tilted his head.

"Most of them are nightmares."

The princess furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she waited for him to explain.

"Your highness! Oh my God Eli bow! It's the king." They heard Jane whisper in a hurry.

Jay and Hazel's eyes widened as they headed inside the headquarters.

They saw the king sitting on the couch while eating fruits as his legs were crossed one over the other.

"Your highness." Jay greeted as he bowed his head at the king, who gave him a small smile.

"Hello Jay."

"Father, may I know why you're paying such a sudden visit?" The princess asked nervously as she sat in front of the king.

"Jay, you may sit as well, these are not your working hours, no need to be so formal." The king laughed as he gestured for him to sit as well.

Jay hesitated as he saw the only empty seats were either next to the king or next to the princess.

Jane and Eli had crammed together onto the love seat after the king gestured for them to sit as well.

"You may sit." The princess sensed his mental debate and gestured for the seat next to her.

"Thank you, your highness." He said awkwardly as he sat down with a small smile.

"May I know who these two lovely children are?"

"They're my siblings, your high-"

"I'm Eli, and that's my sister Jane. She really likes to study and I want to be a guard." Eli spewed out in a nervous rant as he bowed at the king.