13.

After lunch, Bree and I decide to head to a local park to tan and soak in some Vitamin D

After lunch, Bree and I decide to head to a local park to tan and soak in some Vitamin D. The smell of sunscreen in the air is refreshing, and the warm sun soaking into my skin is giving me new energy.

"Isn't this nice?" Bree says, taking a big deep breath. 

I smile at her. No matter how terrible I feel, she always manages to cheer me up. "Very" I agree with her. "How are things with you and Austin?" I ask, making some conversation that is not about me for a change. 

Bree pushes her sunglasses down her nose and looks up at me. "Awesome. I mean, literally awesome, there's not much more to say. After Portland, I told him about what happened with my ex, and you should've seen him. He still looked at me the same, if anything it just made him more protective over me" she explains.

My little smile turns into a big one. "Do you think he's the one?" I ask her.

"If he's not going to propose in a couple of years, then I will" Bree smirks jokingly, leaning herself onto her elbows. A little chuckle escapes my lips, but disappears right away when Bree poses the next questions. "I'm sure it's hard to think about right now, but have you made up your mind about Jace? Do you think deep down he's still the one for you?" she asks carefully.

I think about it before answering. "There was a time when I would've said yes right away. The thing that sucks is, that it still feels like it, but so much has happened. Do you think it's something you could forgive, if Austin slept with another girl?" I ask her right back. 

"That's a good question. I'd say it depends on the circumstances. You and Jace weren't together, but I still get that it sucks. Then again, nothing is really normal about your guys' relationship right now. I guess I could forgive, but never forget" she says, and I take in her words.

"Yeah, we were always a little too different, weren't we?" I say, reminiscing on everything that's happened. "I think in away, I already forgave him. And I blame myself a lot for the things he's going through right now. He would've never started doing drugs again if I wouldn't have run away on the night of my birthday" I admit towards my best friend.

"Mila, please. You can't think that way. It's nobody's fault, some things just happen" she says, trying to comfort me.

"I'll try, thank you Bree" I say, and the two of us try to enjoy the sun for a little longer. It's late afternoon when we decide to return to the apartment. I feel the need to get back to Jace and free Austin of being stuck in our home.  

Thirty minutes later, we arrive. When I open the door, Austin and Jace are sitting on the couch, watching a random action movie on Netflix. One head turns towards us, but my eyes only fall on Jace, who's wearing a big hoodie. The hood is covering his head, and I know that he has the shivers again. I'm  still glad to see him getting some sleep.

"Hey you two. Did you have a good day?" Austin asks us, getting up from the sofa to embrace Bree.

"We did, thank you" she answers.