17.

Thirty minutes later we arrive on campus, and I instantly wonder what Jace could possibly want here

Thirty minutes later we arrive on campus, and I instantly wonder what Jace could possibly want here. Does he want to grab some food, or play some baseball on the field? "What are we doing Jace?" I ask him curiously.

"You'll see" is all I get as an answer.

We exit the car, and Jace grabs my hand to lead me in the right direction. I can't help but reminisce on my very first day here. I walked over this campus basically judging everybody; the law students, the sport students, the business girls. I still can't help but wonder if I got any of them right. I was an emotional mess that day, and it was also the day I met Jace. If someone would've told me he would be my boyfriend one day, that I just helped get through drug withdrawal, I would have laughed in their faces. It still feels like a different life, but in a good way.

Today is a very hot day, and I fumble around with the hem of my short dress. I notice that we're distancing ourselves from campus, and suddenly I know exactly where we're going. "We're going to the pond?" I ask him with excitement on my face.

"You got it. I'll show you my favorite spot" he answers smugly. I follow him with a smile on my face as we reach the little park and continue our way on the dirt road. "Remember that bench?" Jace asks me smirking, as we come up towards it. Nothing about that day was funny, exciting or amusing, but I still have to smile at his expression.

"Did you know that the first thing I really noticed that day were your blue eyes?" I ask him, trying to give him a compliment with cheeks that are slightly flushed. 

"And I knew right away that we'd end up together when I saw you" he answers smirking, but for some reason I think there's some truth behind his words. "Here, it's this way." We take a turn right at the bench, and make our way down a little secret path through some trees and bushes. After a few seconds we arrive at a secluded little field, from where we could jump in the water. There's no one here but us. 

"Wow, this is nice" I tell him honestly. Jace spreads out his jacket that he brought, so we can sit on it.

"Right? I used to come here all the time, it was my thinking spot" he answers, and the two of us sit down in the shade. The sun glistening in the water is beautiful, making this spot somewhat peaceful. I didn't have time to be worried about coming here after what I've experienced the first time, since I didn't know we were coming. If I did, I'm sure I would've been anxious. On my first day, I thought this place would become my favourite place at CSU, and then I came across Jace, Derek, Mason and Dean. I guess some good thing came out of it, but I was scared to say the least. I was almost ready to go home. "What are you thinking about?" Jace asks me, as he places his hand on my naked thigh.

"My first day here. Derek, Mason, Dean. You. I was so insecure that day, incredibly scared after what happened. For some reason it feels like that was as lifetime ago" I admit, trying not to relive all of the bad emotions. 

"Yeah, I agree. I was a different person back then too" Jace says, and we let the silence embrace us for a little while. I let my head fall onto his shoulder, enjoying the time with him. "Do you think I changed you in some way?" he asks, and I lift my head to look at him.