22.

"Mila, are you almost ready to go? We should be at the airport in like, thirty minutes" Jace yells at me from the living room, while I'm hectically packing the last things I need to put in my suitcase

"Mila, are you almost ready to go? We should be at the airport in like, thirty minutes" Jace yells at me from the living room, while I'm hectically packing the last things I need to put in my suitcase. I huff in annoyance, but make sure he doesn't hear me. I'm already as nervous as it can get, I don't need the extra pressure from Jace.

"Almost" I yell back, as my anxiety is on the rise. I don't know how I ever thought I could manage five hours on an airplane when I haven't been on one in forever. The last time I was, I didn't even have my panic disorder. Even though I'm looking forward to the carefully planned trip that Jace has arranged for the two of us, I already create many horrible scenarios that could happen during the flight in my head. 

With shaking hands, I pack the last things I need into my make up bag and head into the living room where my suitcase is laying on the floor. I place the bag inside and zip the suitcase shut. "I'm sure I forgot something" I tell Jace honestly with a worried expression on my face.

He laughs back at me. "There's nothing we can't buy in New York." He's right, of course he is. "Hey, you don't have to be scared. I'm there with you, and flying is great" he encourages me, rolling my suitcase over to the door for me, next to his.

"I'm not scared of flying in general, just scared about panicking when we're in the air" I explain, grabbing my jacket and putting on my shoes.

"Okay, and so what? What's the worst thing that could happen to you"? he asks me again. I know he's only trying to help, but I can't focus on him and his questions right now, too occupied with the panic symptoms I'm already starting to feel. 

"That's not really the point" I say, signalling him that I don't want to talk about it.

"Alright, I'll drop it. But I know you'll have a good time." 

I nod my head back at him, feeling bad that I snapped at him a little. "Hey, I am looking forward to this trip. I'm not trying to let my bad mood out on you. The flight is just getting to me" I explain, stroking his arm gently in the process. 

"I know, don't worry about it" Jace answers, lifting both suitcases off of the ground effortlessly. "Ready to go?"

"Ready" I answer, and we leave the empty apartment behind. We make our way over to Jace's car, planning to leave it at the airport for the five days that we're gone. The ride over there is silent between us, and I distract myself by enjoying the sight of Jace today. He's wearing light blue jeans, a big white t-shirt and a beige baseball hat. It's an unusual look for him, but it suits him a lot. He looks hot to say the least.

Thirty minutes later we arrive in the parking garage at the airport, and my heart starts to race. I can't tell if it's good excitement or bad nerves that I'm feeling, it's hard for me to tell those two apart. Being at the airport has always been exciting to me for sure, but I'm just dying to get the flying part over with. I'm most worried about the take off.