19.

The next morning Jace and I spend exactly how he wants it - with breakfast in bed and lounging around before we have to make our way to his father's house

The next morning Jace and I spend exactly how he wants it - with breakfast in bed and lounging around before we have to make our way to his father's house. I have been feeling anxious all day, hoping that Jace will like the surprise, but I try not to show him. I don't want him raising any suspicions.

At about four in the afternoon, we decide to get ready for the evening at William's house. Both of us take a shower together, and I decide to dress up for today's occasion. "Fuck, what are you dressing up for? It's just dinner" Jace says, placing his hand on my waist behind me in the mirror. I look down on my dress, wondering if this is too much for the party that Jace doesn't know about.

"It's your birthday, can't I dress up for it?" I say, trying not to spill anything.

"Of course you can. You look fucking amazing" he says, and I take a look at him myself. He says I'm the one dressing up? Jace is wearing black pants with a beige t shirt, and for some reason I think the colour really suits him. I'm anxious to give him my actual gift, but I think now is the time. I know it will go perfectly with his outfit.

I walk over to my purse and fish out the little box that I got him, wondering if he'll even like it at all. I hide it behind my back and make my way towards Jace, who's sitting on the bed waiting for me. "Jace? I'd like to give you my gift before we leave" I say, holding it out for him to take nervously.

"Gift? I thought you gave me my gift last night" he smirks, making me remember all the things we did last night. I chuckle at his response, and he takes the gift out of my hand anyway. "You know I don't want you to spend any money on me." 

"Just open it" I say, rolling my eyes at him. I watch him with anticipation, as he slowly removes the wrapper from the box. Once he has done so, he opens the box to find a watch in dark blue with brown leather. On the back, there's a small M engraved. "You said you like it when I wear something of yours. I was thinking the same thing" I admit with red cheeks, praying that he likes it. I fumble around with the ring he gave me, and I'm also wearing the "J"-necklace he got me for christmas last year.

"I love it baby. Thank you" he says honestly, grabbing my chin this his index finger and his thumb before placing a sincere kiss on my lips. He puts the watch on, and I have to admit that it looks really good on him.

"Do you really? I'm terrible at buying gifts" I tell him insecurely.

"You're not. I love watches, and this one is perfect" he says, reassuring me. I decide to let it go and believe him."Fuck, can you believe I turned 25? That's like, almost thirty" he says with mixed emotions.

I chuckle back at him. "Come on grandpa, we don't want to be late" I say, deciding to tease him about it. Jace comes up towards me quickly, threatening to throw me over his shoulders with a smirk on his face. "Okay okay, I take it back" I say, taking one step back and laughing at his actions. 

We make our way to the car right after, none of us wanting to be late to the party. Only that Jace thinks it's just dinner with his dad. My anxiety rises on our way, especially when I text Austin that we're almost there and that they should prepare for the surprise. Thirty minutes later, we arrive in the beautiful Bellingham, right in front of William's house. I'm happy that I remembered to put a bag for us in the trunk, since we're staying the night. I thought that Jace would like to spend some time here.