21.

The rest of our day is uneventful, both of us not having any energy left inside of us

The rest of our day is uneventful, both of us not having any energy left inside of us. Jace's hangover only seems to be getting worse and for some reason my stomach started to hurt the minute we get home. I don't bother Jace with it though, I'm letting him sleep off his hangover. 

"Mila? Come on, join me in bed" Jace growls with his headache, when I start to clean our apartment with nothing to do.

"I'm not tired" I say. I'm not trying to be sour, but I feel like doing something to get my mind off of yesterday.

"Then just watch a show. Please?" he asks with begging eyes, and I can't resist. I take off my pants and crawl under the covers with him. "Hey. Let me make it up to you and take you on that trip to New York before the new school year starts?"

Right. I almost forgot about his birthday present to me. I don't know how I'll be able to get on a plane with my panic disorder at the moment, but I try not to think about it. Hello? Who wouldn't want to go to New York?

"Okay" I whisper, and place my head on his chest. "We'll look for flights when you're feeling better" I add, when I see his eyes closing already. Seconds later, his breaths get deeper and I know he has fallen asleep. I do as planned and watch some show on Netflix to pass some time. Sadly, my stomach cramps only get worse and worse until I can't take them anymore.

Slowly standing up from bed, careful not to wake Jace, I decide to go look for a heat pad. I'm not sure Jace has one. Sadly, no success. I decide to go for a hot bath instead, maybe that will ease some of the pain. I walk into the bathroom and start letting water into the tub. When I undress, I notice where the stomach pain is coming from. Blood. Of course, I started my period.

I stop the water right away, knowing that I have to call the gynaecologist. The IUD has to be inserted on the first day of my period. What a timing. I get dressed in a fresh pair of underwear, put my clothes back on and leave the bathroom to get my phone. I dial the doctor's number right away and explain the situation. They tell me that I can come right away. I'm nervous but relieved at the same time, ready to get it over with.

I should start thinking about getting a car, even though I hate to drive. I can't always ask Jace, but yet here I am. "Jace?" I say, shaking him lightly to wake him.

He still looks like he's in pain when he opens his eyes. "Yeah?"

"Can I borrow your car?"

"Where are you going?" he asks, and I stop for a few minutes. He already knows I wanted to get the IUD, so I might as well tell him.

"I started my period, I'm going to the gynaecologist" I answer, my cheeks turning red slightly.

Jace's confused face turns into a smirk. "Fuck yes. Of course you can take my car" he answers, getting comfortable in bed again.

I roll my eyes with a smile. Of course he's only thinking about the part where we can have sex without a condom again. "Thank you" I answer, grab his car keys and make my way out. Thankfully, I reach the gynaecologist office without much anxiety. At least not anxious about the drive, but for sure anxious about the IUD being put in.