16.

My heart starts to race, and the nervous heat rises up inside of me

My heart starts to race, and the nervous heat rises up inside of me. Jace is already in the shower when I lean myself onto the bathroom sink. What am I going to do? How could I have been so stupid to forget about it? I walk back outside into the living room, and make a note in my phone to call my gynaecologist tomorrow, so I can pay her a visit. Not that I'd be able to forget, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I take a few big breaths before I return into the bathroom, trying to rid the scared look off of my face. Jace is already exiting the shower when I do so. 

"There you are, I was waiting for you" he says, drying himself off. 

"Sorry, I'll be right there" I say, ready to hop into the shower after him. Jace gives me a short confused stare, but I'm glad that he doesn't ask any questions. He places a kiss on my forehead and disappears behind the door. I take the shower I was looking forward to quickly, before brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed. Jace is typing away on his phone when I return, and when he sees me, he puts it away with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hey girlfriend" he say with a cute stare.

It'll be fine, Mila. You don't have to worry Jace too. You'll go see your gynaecologist tomorrow and it'll all be okay. I smile back at him. "Hey." 

"Come here" Jace says, pulling me into his embrace under the covers. "Are you okay with what happened tonight? You seem off." 

"Of course I'm okay with it. Sorry, I guess I'm just tired" I answer, trying to hide the fact that I'm worried. It seems to be working, because Jace believes me right away. I turn all of my attention towards him, enjoy his closeness and his touch. Jace's breaths turn heavier, and I know that he's fallen asleep, getting the rest he still needs. Before I join him, I set an alarm on my phone for 7:30 AM, so I can call my doctor right away.

That's exactly what I do when morning comes. My alarm was pretty quiet, and thankfully Jace doesn't wake up from it. I walk into the bathroom and dial the number from the doctor's office. When the nice lady at the front desk answers, I tell her what happened with bright red cheeks. "Hi, this is Mila Wilson. I'm in a little bit of trouble, and I was hoping I can come in today?" I say, hoping I won't have to tell her the whole story. 

"Miss Wilson, I just pulled you up on the screen here. Can you come in right now? There will be a little waiting time though" she answer politely, and I'm happy that she doesn't decline me right away.

"I'm afraid I won't have much time... because of the trouble I was speaking of earlier" I admit to her, feeling awkward just talking about it.

"Oh, you have to take the morning after pill?" she asks me back, completely unbothered.

"Yes" I answer, crossing my fingers that it'll work out.

The lady is quiet for a few seconds, and it sounds like she's typing away on her keyboard. "Alright Miss Wilson, I have you down for 8, if you could be on your way that would be best" she says friendly, and I feel a huge amount of relief.