15.

"Hey man, good to see you up and around" Austin says, embracing Jace in a big hug when we enter their apartment

"Thanks man, I feel good" Jace responds, before Austin pulls me into a hug too. I let them enjoy their brotherly moment, in awe of the strong friendship they have.

After Jace was finally feeling better, we gave him another few days to slowly recover. Austin and Bree decided that it's long overdue for us to visit them in their apartment for dinner, which we were glad about. It gave us a great excuse to get out of the apartment without it being too much for Jace. He's feeling better than ever, and we're all happy that he's him again. Especially me. 

"Hey Mila, you look beautiful. You made it" Austin says directed towards me, and I appreciate his words.

"Thank you. Couldn't have done it without you" I answer, hugging him back. I see Bree embracing Jace in a big hug too, all of us glad that he's finally feeling better.

"I'm so glad you guys are here! Austin made us some food, I made dessert, and I have some wine in the fridge" Bree says enthusiastically, and I chuckle at her happiness. It's like the darkness has disappeared, and I also can finally be me again. Before I can take another look, Bree has poured me and herself a glass of wine. Jace is sticking to water, and Austin supports him on that.

"To a great night" Bree says, cheering her glass against mine.

"To a great night" I repeat after her, following her into the kitchen while the boys walk out onto the balcony. 

"You look great, Mila" she compliments me as well.

"Thank you, so do you Bree" I answer, hopping onto the counter to watch her do the last preparations of her dessert for later.

"No, I mean you really look happy. How are things with Jace?" she asks me, and I know I can't hide anything from her. My little smile turns into a big one, and Bree watches me intrigued.

"We kissed, that's it though" I say, and Bree squeals right away. I try to shush her before the boys notice.

"Really? How was it?" she wants to know eagerly.

"I mean, as amazing as always. Jace was still a little weak these past few days, so it's not like we did anything else..." I say, blushing just thinking about it.

"Did you want to though?" she asks me, already knowing the answer. I bite my lip and nod back at her. Bree squeals another time, before calming down again. "What about... the thing that happened? Do you think it would bother you?" she asks me cautiously.

I think about it before answering. "I've barely thought about it these past few weeks. I think everything that happened brought us so much more closer together, that I don't think that fact can come between us anymore. I love him more than ever, and I'd like to show him" I say, speaking what's on my mind honestly.