Chapter 8

AaronMathers: Ready for the race tonight

Click the link in my bio to watch the race through my eyes.

3,200,000 likes ~ 15,000 comments

---

The wound in the back of my head did not require stitches but they did glue it and give me some painkillers. The nurses tried to keep me overnight but this isn't my first rodeo so I quickly discharged myself and went back to The Forum to watch Marshall perform.

He wanted to come to the hospital but was refused entry so he stayed and performed. Aaliyah and Chase were with me the entire time and they had questions for me once I revealed that my head had been glued in the past. 

Marshall and I were notorious for getting into fights especially during our drug filled days which were the worst since we would attempt to kill eachother. Marshall hit me over the head with a hammer one time and I'm surprised that I don't have a dent in my head because that shit hurt like hell.

"Let me know how the race goes and send me lots of videos." I send the voice note to Aaliyah since she is attending Aaron's race today. My first born kept his word and we were refused entry to his race which really hurt me inside but I understand where he is coming from.

Aaron and Aaliyah are twins but Aaron has assumed the older sibling role which is primarily due to our bad parenting. Unfortunately our son had to grow up quicker because things in the household weren't what they should have been. Aaliyah and Chase were oblivious to our tumultuous relationship but Aaron has witnessed some stuff that I'm not proud of.

He has seen me break a plate over Marshall's head and he has seen his father punch me straight in the face. I have many regrets because we took some of his innocence away and without even realising it, Aaron became the protector.

"Jelena please stop pulling that face." Christina tells me as we watch the race on the livestream and I rub the side of my face. "He may have kicked you out but you've still rocking up to show support."

I may not have been allowed inside but that doesn't mean that I'm not out here in the parking lot watching from my tablet

"I wish I was inside so I could see my baby in person." I sigh deeply. "I'm surprised that our kids came out decent considering how fucked up our lives were."